_getdir plugin doesn't show any directories

somus1735

May 25, 2018
I have a problem with the _getdir plugin. If I set my default download dir to /home/username/downloads in .rtorrent.rc everything works. But I usually download to my external drives that are mounted on /media/HDD1 and /media/HDD2. If I set the default download dir in .rtorrent.rc to anything on my external drives then the list when using _getdir is blank.

I suspects that it has something to do with permissions and I've tried searching but I know very little about Ubuntu and I don't want to fiddle to much with things I don't understand. So now I'm asking here, does anybody know what might be causing this?

das329717

May 25, 2018
Ok, sorry if this is a stupid question but what is my topdirectory? Can I change it? Isn't there anyway to save files to my external drives?
Well that was more than one question but I hope someone would be so kind to help me.

jith45

May 25, 2018
I have problems with _getdir as well

I had the above problem so i remounted my USB drives so that they are located at

/home/kvg/GroundZero/drive1
/home/kvg/GroundZero/drive2
/home/kvg/GroundZero/drive3

GroundZero contains:
kvg@XBMC:~/GroundZero$ ls
drive1 drive2 drive3 Internal Pictures

Internal and Pictures are local folders, Everything works fine, but i can't see the USB drives in _getdir

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Still empty, The problem is that the mount points for the External drives don't show up at all in _getdir

das329717

May 25, 2018
Yeah i discovered the problem here.

I was changing permissions to the USB drives then remounting with mount -a it appears that fstab only updates permissions when you reboot the device. Once i rebooted things worked out wonderfully.