API?

das329717

May 25, 2018
is there an API that could help me to make a frontend for what functionality I have coded?
I would also like an API on the other functions that is already in rutorrent, like what the plugins can do, and what the files in php folder can do

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
I would also like an API on the other functions that is already in rutorrent, like what the plugins can do, and what the files in php folder can do
All code is open - read it. And ask a concrete questions. Any sort of documentation doesn't exist at this moment. May be, i will write something in nearest future. On russian - i cant write such large texts on english.

das329717

May 25, 2018
Well thing is Im not an all that brilliant programmer, this little peice of code I have is the first I have made in years. I made a scetch of the frontend I need not very pretty but I think u can get the idea. I would like it if the window is width 600px height 300px. can I get help making it? its suposed to pop up when you click a button in the menubar at the top (prefrably next to, on the left side of, the search button.)

I have nothing on the plugin sofar except my engine for what I need.

Edit: I forgot to add a X (close button) on the far right in the same line as window title smiley.gif
Edit2: It would be great if no code were written in JS

jith45

May 25, 2018
please I really need help, I still havent been able to make sense from reading on the other plugins (yea I know Im a newbie)

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
I can try JS if thats needed ofc but I still dont know how to go about it. how to make the button in menubar, how to make the window, or how to make it open. if you could help me I would be greatful =)

das329717

May 25, 2018
what you are asking for isn't very realistic.

Do you know how to program in javascript? If the answer is no, then go learn it, then come ask your questions.

jith45

May 25, 2018
I know some, but not very much, why would it be so hard to make that window? the rss plugin have one thats more extencive. only thing I want in that one that I have not seen in rss download manager is the RADIO switches

Edit: and maybe the txt feild but that dont have to be a txt feild percey

Edit2: Why cant I go into chat? sad.gif

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Okay thanks for the info that the window mannagement is done in JS at least I found out I need to use this theDialogManager.make under plugin.onLangLoaded = function() , but what is the API on theDialogManager so I can use it right at least? seems ur not all that keen on helping someone thats new to this plugin making so I'll try to ask as little as possible

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
I know some, but not very much, why would it be so hard to make that window?​

You must have a strong background in
1) html
2) CSS
3) DOM
4) Javascript
for do this. This is difficult task for newbie, and i am not a teacher, sorry.

das329717

May 25, 2018
I see little point in having a dev part on the forum if you only are to help those who already know enough to do it, very well I will find it myself over hours of try 'n' error

jith45

May 25, 2018
I see little point in having a dev part on the forum if you only are to help those who already know enough to do it
You absolutely right. I can help to someone, who already know enough. Because you can right ask something only if you *already* know most part of the answer.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
yea I give up on asking you guys that know it all. if I ever get this done at least no one can say I didnt do it all

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
dude, you're missing the point. I applaud you for trying, but you're taking on something you are obviously not skilled enough to do. Start smaller.

You're asking for an API for something which doesn't exist. rutorrent doesn't have any "standardized" API outside of javascript, css, html and php.

If you don't already have a strong background in those, then you need to start smaller. The stuff you are asking about is not the easiest. When you have specific questions which might be possible to answer, then they will be answered, but you're basically asking for something which doesn't exist.

Or you expect someone to do the work for you.

das329717

May 25, 2018
Im already on my way, I know this will take me forever to accomplish but Im willing to put in some work for it, I think I have a good idea and if no one wanna come with me on it Im going to run with it alone. If I make it to the finnishline I dont know. But Im giving it a honnest shot. how ever I've been looking over some of the code in the plugins and one of the things I asked here before (how to get an icon in the menubar) I have already figured out. And I assumed that would be the easiest which is why I stared with it. I have also gotten some of the consept on how to make the window that should pop up. and from what I have learned so far I really dont think that to explain how I should have done it would have been too hard....
honnestly this is what I got in my init.js so far
Code:
plugin.loadMainCSS();
plugin.loadLang();
plugin.onLangLoaded = function()
{
if(this.enabled)
{
this.addButtonToToolbar("searchT",theUILang.menuButton,"theWebUI.showCreate()","search");
}
}it might not be the right way to do it, but it got the button up there (with the info file and language files and css file and image file in place)

Im just a little annoyed that you have created this huge awesome project in opensource and dont give real info to others on how to run with their ideas.

anywho Im not gonna bitch more now I think I gotten it all out and sorry about it, might be that I feel that way or that I havent slept tonight I dont know. Atleast you guys answered insted of just leaveing me to dry for days smiley.gif