Auto Tools plugin cannot see fstab mounted directory

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Hi all,

I've done a good amount of searching both this forum and others with no solves for this issue.

I currently have a network share to my NAS mounted at /home/user/mnt/sharename, I've done this with fstab.

rtorrent/rutorrent is downloading fine to /home/user/mnt/sharename/rtorrent/download as I've set as the default in the .rtorrent.rc

The problem takes place when I attempt to use auto tools to setup watch/move/labels. When using the provided drop downs in auto tools, I can get as far as browsing to /home/user/mnt at which point the directory appears empty. I've even gone as far as to chmod 777 my entire user directory, and added www-data to the fstab entry for the user in attempts to get this to work.

topdirectory in the conf/config.php is currently / which should provide access to the root dir from rutorrent from my understanding, however I've noticed that in auto tools I cannot browse any higher than /home/user which I'm assuming is a symptom of the same issue.

I've been assuming thus far that this is a permissions issue, but it's feeling less and less so.

Any help would be greatly appriciated

Edit: I've now also attempted to move the fstab mount to another directory more appropriate for a mount (/mnt/sharename/) because I cannot go outside of my home folder within these options, that doesn't help me, so I created a soft link to the folder within my home dir. This was also unable to be seen by auto tools, but downloading a torrent successfully used my NAS.

At this point I'm thinking this is either something obscure or a defect.

Edit2: I've not been able to get this to work after many attempts, and I've filed a defect on the google code tracker. Will update if I get a response.