AutoCreate Directory on RSS download

saroos1

May 25, 2018
Hey folks, hoping someone can lend some friendly assistance!

What I want to do: have ruTorrent create a sub-directory named after the .torrent file when a download is engaged via an RSS Manager filter. I'd like to not have to stop the file from seeding, move it, reseed, etc. I'd quite like for this to happen before it even starts downloading.

Current Directory Structure:
/name/downloads/type

Note: If I create a Filter that includes a directory that does NOT exist in the "type" directory; ruTorrent will create it for me. What I need is a way for it to pick the name of that directory on it's own vs. me having to put it in.. (hope this makes sense)

eg:

Currently:

.torrent name = New Torrent.torrent
(we'll assume the file it's downloading is also named "New Torrent.abc")

Filter directory = /name/downloads/type/AUTO

-- this will create the directory AUTO and put "New Torrent.abc" in it

What I want is:

Filter directory = /name/downloads/type/?huh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gif

with the result of:

/name/downloads/type/New Torrent/New Torrent.abc

OR

/name/downloads/type/New Torrent.abc/New Torrent.abc

Either is fine... Sorry, wordy.. explained this a few times today with no luck.. hopefully one of the pro's here can assist!

Thx for your time

randac56

May 25, 2018
In svn version you can format directory and label from a filter parameters.
Example:

Filter: |Castle.*S(\d\d)E(\d\d)|i
Directory: /path/Castle/Season{$1}/Episode{$2}
Lablel: Castle_E{$2}S{$1}

RSS item with name Castle.S03E01 will produce directory /path/Castle/Season03/Episode01 and label Castle_E01S03. And you may see result without downloading, if you press to the button with label '?'.

saroos1

May 25, 2018
In svn version you can format directory and label from a filter parameters.
Example:

Filter: |Castle.*S(\d\d)E(\d\d)|i
Directory: /path/Castle/Season{$1}/Episode{$2}
Lablel: Castle_E{$2}S{$1}

RSS item with name Castle.S03E01 will produce directory /path/Castle/Season03/Episode01 and label Castle_E01S03. And you may see result without downloading, if you press to the button with label '?'.
Hmm.. ok, that gets me pretty close. So the $1 and $2 grab from the filter itself. (I'm bad w/ RegEx) So, is $1 and $2 being set as the Season & Episode based on the (\d\d) or is it just because they are the first variables?

Is there a way to pick up from the whole filename?

randac56

May 25, 2018
{$1} - first expression in brackets (in that case - \d\d, e.q. two digits). {$2} - second expression in brackets.
I'm bad w/ RegEx​
This is your problem, right? Try to know more about its.

saroos1

May 25, 2018
{$1} - first expression in brackets (in that case - \d\d, e.q. two digits). {$2} - second expression in brackets.

This is your problem, right? Try to know more about its.
So, if I set the filter as: "castle*(\d\d)"

It would download everything that starts w castle and allow me to set the directory path as:

\downloads\abc\$1

Which would replace $1 w the torrent name?

peshua19

May 25, 2018
That's a great feature! However, I tried it on rutorrent 3.6 and it didn't seem to work as expected. Clicking the '?' button literally produces the following directory: /path/Castle/Season{$1}/Episode{$2}

Is this feature still present in 3.6?

Thanks.