Automatic labels based on tracker

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
It would be great to see automatic labels being assigned to torrent based on the tracker.
Example:
The torrent has a tracker: http://tracker.foo.org/announce
The label assigned to the torrent is foo.org

These labels can't be edited or deleted as they are automatic.

peshua19

May 25, 2018
I wouldn't mind seeing this as well, let me see if i can get the author of auto-tools to look at this suggestion.

saroos1

May 25, 2018
Transmission on the mac has this, very useful.

Save torrents belonging to a specific tracker to a specific folder, and other tasks.

I second this request. Great idea!

peshua19

May 25, 2018
this has been added in the latest SVN. Works nicely.

well, to be fair, it's not a label, but it's a sort column, still very nice.

simur612

May 25, 2018
moving to a specific folder is probably something that would have to be set up in .rtorrent.rc. i would love to see this happen, i have been trying to work on it for a while, but am struggling a little bit. if anyone is any good at ruby your help would be appreciated grin.gif

peshua19

May 25, 2018
well, auto-tools has 3 functions, auto-label, auto-move and auto-watch

for now, we'll talk about just auto-label and auto-move

let's say your download dir is /home/user/download/

with auto-label, you create a bunch of dir's in this path, so if you wanted to sort them by tracker, you'd do something like this:

/home/user/download/Tracker1/
/home/user/download/Tracker2/
/home/user/download/Tracker3/

and maybe even
/home/user/download/Tracker1/Movies/
/home/user/download/Tracker1/TV/

whatever....

so then, if you pick one of those sub dirs as your download path, auto-label will make a label with the dir's name, so forinstance, if you set a torrent to download to /home/user/download/Tracker1/ it will have a label of Tracker1

Then, if you set up an auto-move dir, it will replicate the same dir structure in another spot, so for instance, let's say you want all complete torrents to replicate this structure in /mnt/p2p/

a torrent added to /home/user/download/Tracker1/ will download, then when it is finished downloading, it will be moved to /mnt/p2p/Tracker1
at which point, it will seed from this new location.

This can be very nice for manual downloading but even nicer for RSS because you can automatically download and sort stuff, and it will only reach a destination dir when it is complete. I also use this method on a seedbox in conjunction with rsync, that way you sync data from one location to another. It can be very nice.

saroos1

May 25, 2018
that is quite nice, i will have to investigate using that.

the only issue i see with it is that you have to specify where each download goes. which can get tedious. certainly it is not that huge of an issue, but i can get old.

my thought was to have all torrents go to say ~/seeding. then, a script would execute when the download was finished to move the torrent to a folder named after its tracker.

so lets say we have a torrent for tracker1; when the torrent finishes, the script that is executed moves the torrent from ~/seeding to ~/seeding/tracker1. and so on and so forth. in my case, i have it set to copy everything since 9/10 i have to change the filename or something to get it to show up properly in xbmc.

lastly, i have all these 'sub-folders' sym-linked to a group of general folders called things like "TV", "Music", etc.

at this point, the biggest problem i am having is that i can't get the base path to change correctly.

edit: i think that all the pieces are there to streamline the process, its just a matter of putting them all together. i think that if somehow the 'tracklabels' plugin could be combined with automove, the process could be made a lot simpler. ill have to take a look at that plugin and see if something can be added to allow for copying/moving after the download completes.

simur612

May 25, 2018
In short: Can I make it autoassign a label to a torrent from a specific tracker? Just the label...no folder moving etc.

Thanks

peshua19

May 25, 2018
no, but you probably don't need it anyways seeing as there is a new method to sort by tracker as shown here:

and of course, the old method of tracklabels

this is what you're after right?