Automatic stop seeding

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Hi all, bit of a nooby question here, but can someone explain how I can set r(u)torrent to stop seeding straight away once downloaded? I know this is frowned upon but I am on a limited connection and need to keep my seeding to a minimum.

jith45

May 25, 2018
I only managed to automatically stop seeding after the ratio reaches 1 ...

I cant create a ratio group with less then 1

If anyone has ideas, they would be greatly appreciated!!

somus1735

May 25, 2018
I don't think I'll ....

torrenting is about sharing ... so give whet you get.
That is the number one rule , otherwise no one would be able to get all the stuff that is out there

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Hello all, please do not worry about this problem any further. It has since been solved by upgrading from ADSL to a higher Cable package, and I can now seed as normal.

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
There are plenty of reasons why someone with good intentions would want this functionality on occation. Sometimes you want to download a bunch of things quickly, seeding slows that down, you can always manually resume seeding later. Sometimes you may not want to seed something that's already heavily seeded and instead reserve the bandwidth to seed something else that's not. At the end of the day it's your overall ratio that matters more, not that you're seeding each and every torrent to 100%+. Other programs I've used have all had this functionality, there is no reason for rutorrent not to have it too.

I've thought about modifying the ratio plugin to allow this for my own purposes but I don't want to have to maintain my changes with each release. It should be in there by default.

das329717

May 25, 2018
the point is that it's a primitive, broken method of handling things. Throttles are much more effective

Either seed, or don't.

jith45

May 25, 2018
There are plenty of reasons why someone with good intentions would want this functionality on occation. Sometimes you want to download a bunch of things quickly, seeding slows that down, you can always manually resume seeding later
You can use the Throttle plugin for slow uploading/fast downloading

I've thought about modifying the ratio plugin to allow this for my own purposes but I don't want to have to maintain my changes with each release. It should be in there by default.
Remember that the plugins are made by persons that need the features , if they do not need a feature like you describe, then they will not build this in.
So to tell people it should be in .. is a bit of an easy methode .. if you need the feature, you should create it.
Or at least ask polite , and not force people to make it.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
This plugin was modified ~ 1 week ago. Combobox was replaced with edit, and you can put to this edit all, what you want. For example - zero.

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
This plugin was modified ~ 1 week ago. Combobox was replaced with edit, and you can put to this edit all, what you want. For example - zero.
Indeed it was, but 0 won't do much - for me, it just made it unlimited. -1 is the thing to do!

And please, guys, don't abuse this!