Autotools alone = OK; Autotools + notify_me = no good

saroos1

May 25, 2018
Can anyone shed some light on this?

I loaded Autotools and set up the automove to move my completed downloads to a completed folder. Works great.

Then, I set up an script to notify me by email/push notification when a torrent finishes:
Code:
system.method.set_key = event.download.finished,notify_me,"execute={~/notify.sh,$d.get_name=}"
I am receiving the notifications like I expected, but now the files are not being moved. I removed the notifier line from .rtorrent.rc, and the automove starts working again.

I've been browsing all over looking for a solution and found a snippet somewhere that mentioned that I cannot do both Autotools and call event.download.finished, but it didn't explain how or why. If I can't make it work this way, how else could I do this so I achieve the desired effect?

I need to use Autotools because it maintains subfolder structure from the working folder to the completed folder (organized by TV/Movies/etc.). Maybe there is some way I can modify the php to call the notify.sh bash script for me, instead of using rtorrent to do it...?

saroos1

May 25, 2018
Thanks for the link. tbh I wanted to go the email route but my seedbox provider disabled smtp, so I cannot email myself. So, I looked at Notify My Android which lets you use their API to send a notification directly to the phone - very cool.

Maybe there's some way around my provider's restriction...?

saroos1

May 25, 2018
OK I am snooping around the autotools php code but I really don't know very much about php. If I can figure out how it knows that a torrent is finished is called to act based on its configuration, I can insert a little snippet of code to also run my script to send notification. If anyone has tips for this, I'm all ears...

EDIT: I used Kolor's suggestion of the .mailto file and tracked it down to the move.php file, and added a little bit of code to send the custom notification for me on line 107:

Code:
$torrent_name = $torrent->name();
$testnma = shell_exec('/media/sdh1/home/xxxxx/notify.sh "'.$torrent_name.'"');
Easy as pie!

randac56

May 25, 2018
Hi,

Hope you can help me. I'm a newbee and dont know how to setup the mail function. Can you assist me?
I'm using ruTorrent_3.3-rnsparc-0.2.4 on a Netgear ReadyNAS. I've attached my "move.php" and "autotools.php". Hope you can assist me :)

Thanks in advance

saroos1

May 25, 2018
Hi,

Hope you can help me. I'm a newbee and dont know how to setup the mail function. Can you assist me?
I'm using ruTorrent_3.3-rnsparc-0.2.4 on a Netgear ReadyNAS. I've attached my "move.php" and "autotools.php". Hope you can assist me :)

Thanks in advance
It sounds like you're running yours from home, so you can use the .mailto function that was suggested by Kolor. All you should have to do is edit that .mailto file for your mail server/email address/etc and it should just start working. Link is below:

If you're notify script is email look at using a .mailto file http://code.google.com/p/rutorrent/wiki/PluginAutotools#Auto_Move