Bad response - getplugins error

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
Hi, my synology NAS had a power outage and when I booted it up I got the following error:
Bad response from server: (500 [error,getplugins]) <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> <head> <title>500 - Internal Server Error</title> </head> <body> <h1>500 - Internal Server Error</h1> </body> </html>​

Any idea what I should do?
When I add a torrent to the watch directory, rtorrent start the download normally.

thanks for any tips

simur612

May 25, 2018
A 500 error should be a webserver problem. You sould see in that way. You always have this message on each access of rutorrent? Even after a refresh?

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
no, only the first access. After a refresh or ctrl-F5 I get

Bad response from server: (0 [null,getplugins])
Bad response from server: (0 [error,getplugins])

peshua19

May 25, 2018
This could be a number of things.

Try restarting rtorrent

Try restarting your web browser/php

peshua19

May 25, 2018
It could be a bad config file causing a plugin to fail to load.

One way to check this would be to move the plugin directory outside of rutorrent and create a new, empty, plugins directory.

for instance, if you had rutorrent installed at /opt/webstack/html/ you'd do the following:
Code:
cd /opt/webstack/html/
mv plugins/ plugins.off/
mkdir plugins

If rutorrent starts, then it's a plguin causing your issues.

You can also try deleting all the data in share/users/ or share/settings/ (depending on your setup)

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
ok, I tried restoring all the original files - as they worked before the crash, now I get the followin:

Bad response from server: (200 [parsererror,getuisettings])

Edit: I updated to rutorrent 3.2, but my content of rtorrent doesnt show up. 0 torrents...but in rtorrent I have about 85.

I changed /opt/share/www/rutorrent/conf/config.php and /root/.rtorrent.rc as it should be.

The logger doesnt show any error.

randac56

May 25, 2018
I don't know if this helps or not but when I get this error "Bad response from server: (0 [error,getplugins])" I have to open up putty/ssh and login in then type "screen rtorrent" (without the quotes) That seems to fix the problem for some reason. I do notice however I tend to have this problem more often when I raise my memory usage over 3500MB (My server has 4gb).