Banned from Google Code

simur612

May 25, 2018
Hey everyone! Thanks for the great webui, been using it for a while now and have been very happy. smiley.gif

I've run into a dilemma, though: I think my server has been banned from accessing Google Code.

Some background: I wrote a script that, once a night, does an 'svn update' for my ruTorrent installation. I installed using Subversion specifically so I could keep ruTorrent up to date. Everything has been running fine for about a month or two. About a week ago, I started to notice this error when updating through SVN:

In troubleshooting, I found that I can't access ruTorrent's Google Code page at all. Specifically, this page loads fine in Lynx:

http://code.google.com

This one does not:

http://code.google.com/p/rutorrent

I get this error message:

Google

403. [INS: That’s an error. :INS]

Request not allowed from your country [INS: That’s all we know. :INS]​

I did a bunch of searching, and found a couple other examples of this happening with Google Code, but nothing substantial.

Any idea why this is happening? Is there anything I can do? Might there be another repository I could access? Again, this is only once every 24 hours, so it's not like I flooded the server.

Thanks for the help!

simur612

May 25, 2018
Thanks.

This thread is the second result in the Google search, and only one of two relevant links in the search (the other is Wikipedia). I searched a bunch and found people in the Netherlands and Switzerland having this problem (though no solutions), but nothing else.

The relevant part of Wikipedia:

Accessing Google Code website and its hosted contents is banned from countries on the United States Office of Foreign Assets Control sanction list, including Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan and Syria.​

I don't believe this is the case here, but it sounds like I'm not going to make much headway with Google here anyway.

Any chance there's another repository I can use? Maybe a GitHub mirror?