[BOUNTY] Label Icons ~Complete~

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Current Bounty: $20

I was looking at my rutorrent set up and I thought to myself that I would really like some icons for the labels that I use. So I found some icons and added some css to style.css and this is what it looks like.

So what I would like is an easier, supported method to add icons to labels. I've thought of a way it could be done:

I was thinking you could just have the plugin look in a folder for icons that match the name of a label. For example if I had a label called movie, then I could upload an icon manually to my server named movie.png in the right folder, which would automatically get assigned to that label because it matches it's name. That way if you had autolabel woking with the auto tools plugin you could just manually upload all the icons that are named the same as the labels so they would be automatically applied whenever the auto label creates a label.

I'm starting off the Bounty at $10. If you would like to see this feature implemented, post what you would like to contribute to the bounty and I'll add it to a running total at the top of this post.

(I attached the icons I'm using if anyone is interested.)

jith45

May 25, 2018
I like this idea... would also be great to have ability to show tracker icons as a column in tracker list. I know I can see the tracker name, but that's unnecessarily wide for the value it provides. I got $10 on it if the option is there to show tracker icons as a column on tracker list.

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Done, update core and plugin 'tracklabels' from the svn.

1) Matching is case insensitive. Full match is required.
2) Text of the label with image can't contain '/' char.
3) You can place new images in the PNG format (and with a .png extension) to the directory rutorrent/share/users/USERNAME/settings/labels (personal images) or directly to the plugins directory, rutorrent/plugins/tracklabels/labels (common images).

Also added. But should warn you
1) Not all trackers has an icons.
2) Not all icons may be shown immediately.

Is it good for you - donation link at the main page of the ruTorrent project.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Thanks! This is working really good. I do have one problem: I use the autotools AutoLabel feature with a {DIR} template. So some of my labels have a / in them.

I need to be able to assign an image to a label with a / in the name. Perhaps the png file could contain a % char rather than a /. So for instance an image named tv%sickbeard.png would match a label named tv/sickbeard.

Also, here is one more image to add to the default rutorrent/plugins/tracklabels/labels (common images) dir.

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
In this case you must make directory rutorrent/share/users/USERNAME/settings/labels/movie and place to it file couchpotato.png.

Also, here is one more image to add to the default rutorrent/plugins/tracklabels/labels (common images) dir.

Sorry, but "couchpotato" is a not "common style" label. It will be unused for most of users. But you can place it to corresponding folder in your system, of course.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Nice. I put the couchpotato.png in rutorrent/plugins/tracklabels/labels/movie and it worked great. Bounty sent.

das329717

May 25, 2018
I haven't had a chance to check the tracker icons. Looking through the forums to see how I can upgrade without losing any of my configuration... Will post back asap.

das329717

May 25, 2018
Hi! Finally was able to update ruTorrent. I'm running 3.5 svn Rev: 2308. Where can I expect the tracker icon to show in the tracker list? I was hoping it would be an additional column like the existing "Tracker" one which shows the name of the tracker. Could we add a "Tracker Icon" column that only shows the tracker's icon? In this example, you can see that the tracker does have an icon. You said they might not be shown immediately. How long should I wait and where would it appear?

Thanks again for considering this bounty.

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Where can I expect the tracker icon to show in the tracker list?​

Right now. See screenshot.

was hoping it would be an additional column like the existing "Tracker"​

1) Tracker list don't contain column named "Tracker". *Torrent* list contain it. Try to read your bounty in the your first posting yet once, please.
2) Icons can't be shown as separate column. At all. Anyway, this is unnecessary - you can't sort by this column.

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Can't understand - what do you mean. Both of these parts (labels on the category panel and torrents in the main torrent list) already has icons.

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Yet once. EVERY TORRENT ALREADY HAS AN ICON. This is a status icon. If you want to make a christmas tree from the torrents list, then you can to write your own plugin for that.