Capturing Regex for directory use

randac56

May 25, 2018
So it looks like this should be a feature, and has worked in the past. You used to be able to capture a variable from the RSS Downloaders regex and use it in the directory (example copied from previous thread):

In svn version you can format directory and label from a filter parameters.
Example:

Filter: |Castle.*S(\d\d)E(\d\d)|i
Directory: /path/Castle/Season{$1}/Episode{$2}
Lablel: Castle_E{$2}S{$1}

RSS item with name Castle.S03E01 will produce directory /path/Castle/Season03/Episode01 and label Castle_E01S03. And you may see result without downloading, if you press to the button with label '?'.​

Now I'm using 3.6 and the replace function pulling regex captures into variable {$1} {$2} etc. isn't working. Is there a syntax change I'm missing or has this feature been removed?

randac56

May 25, 2018
Try to use ${1}, ${2} etc.
you are an amazing person! Thanks for the quick reply, that worked perfectly. I looked at the Wiki but it made no mention of this, if I write up a small section on how to do these captures would you be willing to post it up as a small blurb on the RSS wiki? I don't imagine I'm the first or last to wonder about this, and I imagine it could help a lot of folks out.

simur612

May 25, 2018
you are an amazing person! Thanks for the quick reply, that worked perfectly. I looked at the Wiki but it made no mention of this, if I write up a small section on how to do these captures would you be willing to post it up as a small blurb on the RSS wiki? I don't imagine I'm the first or last to wonder about this, and I imagine it could help a lot of folks out.
Yes, of course.