debugging .torrent.fail

das329717

May 25, 2018
Hi, I have autotools autowatch set up with sickbeard and couchpotato /torrents/watch/movies/couchpotato directories - that kind of setup.

Suddenly rtorrent refuses to accept the torrent files and is renaming them torrent.fail. Sickbeard works just fine. The torrent files themselves work fine, I have tried adding them manually.

What could possibly be the problem, and how can I debug this? Are there any rtorrent log files anywhere? I had a look at the screen session with no luck.

Thanks in advance

das329717

May 25, 2018
I just had a brainwave and have figured this out for myself. I will post the solution for people who search this same error.

The problem was permissions for the download directory, for some reason it's ownership had been switched to root. I had to chown the folder recursively to rtor to get things working again.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
I am also getting this .torrent.fail thing. I can add torrents manually no problem but torrents in the Autotools (auto)watch directory get changed to .torrent.fail.

Permissions for the directory are set to root and my user. I set them to full 777. Not sure what else to look for I have only see it mentioned 3 times while googling.

Code:
drwxrwsrwx 6 root myuser 4096 May 7 14:54 watch