Direction or Plugin: Context Menu Cross-Seeding

saroos1

May 25, 2018
I think it'd be really cool to have a plugin that works simply by right-clicking on a torrent, hitting Cross-seed, and typing in a new tracker URL. It would handle changing the piecesize, and simply start seeding.

I would write this myself, but I can't find any beginner docs on how to write a plugin. Can I get some direction, or does someone else want to write this?

peshua19

May 25, 2018
Okay, so I took some time to try to at least get a skeleton of this thing going... I'm trying to simply make a context menu item which opens a dialog, but the context menu item isn't showing up. Code can be found here.

simur612

May 25, 2018
You need to overwrite theWebUI.createMenu and *inside it* add you item to menu. See plugin 'ratio' as example.

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
Okay, this might be a really stupid question, but at this point I have a context menu, which, once clicked opens up a dialog box. The dialog box has an input for a tracker URL, and an OK / Cancel button.

Here's where I'm going form here:

1. I would like to pass along the piece size, data directory, and the entered tracker URL to my PHP file which...
2. Will run a mktorrent.sh script I have created, and move it to the...
3. Watch directory, which the path can be specified within an options menu.

Once I get to the PHP bit, I'm fine, but JS is really not my language. Can you point me to a good example of how I can get the piece size and data directory of the torrent, and how I should be passing this info to my PHP file?

peshua19

May 25, 2018
You must obtain this info on the PHP side. Pass hash to server side, open .torrent file from session directory, and obtain piece size (see Torrent object in the php/Torrent.php).

Pass d.get_directory with torrent hash to rtorrent. From PHP. Via xmlrpc request (See php/xmlrpc.php).
Thanks once again. Is d.get_directory a part of _getdir, and if so how can I check that the plugin is enabled before setting up my plugin?