Disabling settings dialog.

peshua19

May 25, 2018
Is there an easy way to disable the settings dialog within rutorrent. I already have the .rtorrent.rc file where it cannot be modified by the webserver, but I would like to disable the settings entirely.

Thanks.

saroos1

May 25, 2018
Find the file rtorrent/script.js

and look for the line:

Code:
Show("stg");
and comment it. Like this:

Code:
// Show("stg");

what's funny is i was just logging on to post this in the "hacks" section.

peshua19

May 25, 2018
Damn, I was hoping for something server side, I'll have to take another look at the code.

That does work in interim though.

saroos1

May 25, 2018
what do you mean? that is server side.

Also, you can remove the button from the html by editing index.html and removing this:

Code:
</a><a id="mnu_settings" href="javascript:utWebUI.showSettings();" title="Settings">
<div id="setting"></div>

randac56

May 25, 2018
This is a some sort of hack. I have plan to realize this thing more hm... normally. In next version, i think.

>Also, you can remove the button from the html by editing index.html and removing this:

Not good way. User can press Ctrl+P, and settings dialog will be shown.

saroos1

May 25, 2018
yes, i know, i was normally do BOTH. No need to keep the button there if you're not going to allow users to the settings.

peshua19

May 25, 2018
This is a some sort of hack. I have plan to realize this thing more hm... normally. In next version, i think.
After looking the source over, I think it would be fairly easy to implement. Just a configuration value in config.php and then a few if statements here and there. For me the php part would be easy, I would get lost in the Javascript though.