Downloading from a selected IP using a seedbox and ruTorrent v3.4

randac56

May 25, 2018
Hello everyone o/

Firstly, my apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place and, if so, please feel free to move it to the correct location.

OK, I've recently started using a seedbox and it uses ruTorrent v3.4. It's working great cheesy.gif

When I'm on my favourite tracker I sometimes like to help out certain seeders who are having trouble getting their ratio up on that particular site.
Before I started with the seedbox I used to run Vuze which allowed me to kick and ban all IP's except the IP of the person I was trying to help.
I also managed to do it when I used my old version of uTorrent 1.8.3 and, although it was a bit time consuming (setting up an IP filter) it did (kinda) work.
Once the seeder had gained enough upload credit I would then go back to seeding from everyone or stop that particular torrent if it was seeded well enough by everyone else.

My question is, Is there anyway that I could do this with my new seedbox/ruTorrent combination?

I'm certainly no techno expert so if it could be done, any instructions would have to be at a level that someone such as myself who has limited experience could understand. shocked.gif

Many thanks in advance

Attachments

saroos1

May 25, 2018
It's dependant on your rTorrent version but right click on the a IP or host in the Peers tab of an active torrent, you'll find Ban there.