[Fixed] [RSS Plugin] Error loading torrent

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Hello,

Anytime the RSS plugin tries to download a torrent from a feed (whether from a regexp match or manually with right click -> load) I get the following message:

[18.01.2010 21:58:19] Error loading torrent. (http://www.torrent-site.com/download.php?id=222235&name=17&passkey=00000000000000000000000000)

If I try to manually load the torrent with the add torrent button, the torrent loads correctly with no error.

I don't think it is a cookie problem since the torrent loads outside the RSS plugin and I can reproduce the error with public RSS feeds. I can also reproduce in multiple download directories (tried default and non-default). Tried searching around for a solution but couldn't come up with anything. Any help is appreciated.

I'm running

- Ubuntu Server 9.10
- Lighttpd version 1.4.22
- PHP 5.2.10-2
- rTorrent 0.8.6/0.12.6 (complied from source with xmlrcp support)
- ruTorrent 2.8 (both core an plugins from SVN)

Thanks!

EDIT: Of course, I fix it right after post. Haha oh well. I changed my upload directory to './torrents' in config.php and it worked. I hope this helps anyone else having the same problem.

jith45

May 25, 2018
Im having the same problem, however, i havnt changed anything regarding configs, i have however updated ruTorrent to the latest version (also plugins )

Getting: "error loading torrent http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

This used to work fine, i've checked any error logs from rutorrent but that's not created, i do not know where to look for this problem though.

If i rightclick the feed and press "open in browser" i get the torrent file just fine.

any hints / tips where to look next ?

PS, update was from 3.0 to latest revision (think 2 rev numbers up).

somus1735

May 25, 2018
do you have curl and php binaries set in your conf/config.php (or /conf/users/$user/config.php if you are using mutliuser auth)

if not, try setting this. on freebsd this is needed.

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Yes i have, it also worked before (yesterday), havnt changed a thing.

Is there some kind of limit that ruTorrent works with ? not more then 100 torrents in the /torrent dir or something like that ?

Here's my config.php
Code:
// configuration parameters

@define('HTTP_USER_AGENT', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pl; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0', true);
@define('HTTP_TIME_OUT', 30, true); // in seconds
@define('HTTP_USE_GZIP', true, true);
@define('RPC_TIME_OUT', 15, true); // in seconds
@define('LOG_RPC_CALLS', false, true);
@define('LOG_RPC_FAULTS', true, true);

$do_diagnostic = true;
$log_file = '/tmp/errors.log'; // path to log file (comment or make empty to disable logging)
$saveUploadedTorrents = true;

$topDirectory = '/home/emiel/data/Download'; // Upper available directory. Absolute path with trail slash.

$scgi_port = 0;
$scgi_host = "unix:///tmp/rpc.socket";
$XMLRPCMountPoint = "/RPC2";

$pathToPHP = '/usr/bin/php5-cgi'; // Something like /bin/php. If empty, will be founded in PATH.
$pathToCurl = '/usr/bin/curl'; // Something like /bin/curl. If empty, will be founded in PATH.

// For web->rtorrent link through unix domain socket
// (scgi_local in rtorrent conf file), change variables
// above to something like this:
//
// $scgi_port = 0;
// $scgi_host = "unix:///tmp/rpc.socket";

Ps, im on Debian.

Also did a chmod -R 777 * on rutorrent dir to quickly check if there is no rights problem, but this also doesnt help.
Addin torrents manually works fine, opening RSS feed in browser works fine (by rightclicking in rutorrent).

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
opening RSS feed in browser works fine (by rightclicking in rutorrent).
Loading .torrent from RSS feed manually (by rightclicking in rutorrent, worked for you) and auto loading this .torrent via filters (doesn't worked for you, i am right?) use the *some* procedure.
Difference:
1) autoloading is started *immediatelly* after .torrent item is found in feed. May be something bad with your feed provider.
2) autoloading use separate filter settings (in particular - directory for storage). Check your filter settings, directories permissions etc.

das329717

May 25, 2018
No, im sorry, maybe i didnt write it clearly, selecting "open in browser" works fine (then it downloads the .torrent file).

Pressing, load to manually force it to load the torrent (in the rss feed) produces the same error as when autoloading.

Attached are my filter settings (dont mind the escape expression in front of the * in the serie name, was a typo), apart from serie name all settings are the same for all other "watches".

Permissions seem ok to me:
Code:
Download dir in home folder (/home/emiel/data/)
drwxrwxrwx 47 root root 12288 2010-03-05 13:32 Download

Torrent store for rutorrent ( /var/www/rutorrent/share/users/emiel/ )
drwxrwxrwx 2 www-data www-data 4096 2010-03-05 15:10 torrents

jith45

May 25, 2018
No, im sorry, maybe i didnt write it clearly, selecting "open in browser" works fine (then it downloads the .torrent file).

Pressing, load to manually force it to load the torrent (in the rss feed) produces the same error as when autoloading.

Attached are my filter settings (dont mind the escape expression in front of the * in the serie name, was a typo), apart from serie name all settings are the same for all other "watches".
Don't understand. "Open in browser" - this is a item in ruTorrent menu. You use it, or item in *browser* menu for opened feed - "save as"?
In second case - your feed is private, it require cookies or basic authorization, and you must specify cookies or login+password in feed url (or in plugin "cookies" for cookies authorization).

somus1735

May 25, 2018
I mean the first,

So when you have your RSS feed with a list of the latest RSS items, you can right click on it, then you have an option "Load" which fails, and an option "open in browser" this works, since it simply opens the browser with the url from the RSS feed, letting my browser download the torrent file itself (so not the data in the torrent).

above confirms that the feed itself is correct since if i use the url manually (RSS feed url) it downloads the torrent file, however, when you use "load" or simply waiting for the RSS module to load a new RSS automaticly it says failed.

since it used to work (yesterday it downloaded a episode automaticly by RSS) the url & passkey are correct.

Q: Is there a way in ruTorrent to enable some kind of logging / debug function to see why rutorrent says it fails ?

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Did you maybe change your password on the site ?

As this is an error that normally only happens when ID / pass are wrong

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Nope didnt change the password.

i must be missing something why this happened, but i cannot find out why / what.

The latest torrent downloaded by RSS was yesterday morning, update of rutorrent was ~3 days ago, and last server reboot was 4 days ago, ergo, it couldnt be a bug or something in a new version since it did work after the update.

again, is there some sort of logging or debug mode available maybe ? maybe someone know how to monitor what happens server side, i fairly sure im missing something obvious ;-)

das329717

May 25, 2018
is this for all sites or just one?

if it's just one it could be a number of things.

If it's all sites, then it's a setting

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Sry for the late reply, was on a short holiday.

Tested this today, and guess what, it worked with another feed (another site) ....

I've checked my origional feed, looks like someone changed the layout on it ... sigh ... i feel sooooo dumb ...

Anyway, everything is working now, thank you all for your great support and assistance smiley.gif

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Sry for the late reply, was on a short holiday.

Tested this today, and guess what, it worked with another feed (another site) ....

I've checked my origional feed, looks like someone changed the layout on it ... sigh ... i feel sooooo dumb ...

Anyway, everything is working now, thank you all for your great support and assistance smiley.gif
hey bro how did you fix this in the end
im having exactly the same problem on exactly the same setup on ezrss

hope you can help! its driving me mad!!! undecided.gif

das329717

May 25, 2018
hey bro how did you fix this in the end
im having exactly the same problem on exactly the same setup on ezrss

hope you can help! its driving me mad!!! undecided.gif
error loading torrents is always one of 2 things:

bad rss feed (web link when it should be download link)

or cookie error

jith45

May 25, 2018
error loading torrents is always one of 2 things:

bad rss feed (web link when it should be download link)

or cookie error
Or something else you cant figure out in weeks because there is no error.log and every other thing works just fine. Manual loading is fine, cookies are OK, If I download .torrent from feed it starts donwloading immediately, every other function and configuration is fine, only the RSS autoload is having the problem "Load error(1)" sometimes (2) or (3) and I cant even figure out what (1) or (3) means... So frustrating.