Help migrating

jith45

May 25, 2018
Hi, everyone. I recently had to move my torrent setup from one seedbox to another and I've lost so much metadata in the process. My download locations are gone and my labels are gone. Doing everything by hand is no longer an option, since I've got 600+ torrents on the box. My question is: where is the download location metadata stored and where is the label metadata stored. I'm pretty sure the former is somewhere an rtorrent folder but the latter has to be somewhere in rutorrent. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

jith45

May 25, 2018
I moved everything from the old share folder to the new one but nothing has changed at all. I ran a diff on the folder before and after I added a label and there were no changes. Where exactly in share are the labels stored?

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Yet once: ruTorrent store it's metadata in the /rutorrent/share. But ruTorrent is a front-end for rtorrent. Try to read something about rtorrent, it's configuration etc.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Most volatile data is in rT's session dir. And if you use a symlink at e.g. /var/rtorrent to point to actual locations and only use that throughout your config, stuff suddenly becomes movable even if partioning etc. changes. Duh.

jith45

May 25, 2018
Do you mean the work directory? Because I copied that over too and still no dice.

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
It's stored in your session directory as <HASH>.torrent.rtorrent files. If your paths are the same on the new server just stop rtorrent and rsync over then entire session directory contents excluding rtorrent.lock. Chown if needed and restart your rtorrent, should be good do go.