Help on the create plugin.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Im running rutorrent 2.8, rtorrent 0.8.6, libtorrent 0.12.6, xmlrpc-c 1.16.25. Running rutorrent on lighttpd 1.4.22, PHP 5.2.10.
Everything is running smoothly, except when I try to create a torrent using the create plugin.
When I try to create a torrent, looks like everything is working, but it never shows any kind of dialog or popup asking where to save the .torrent file. I looked for error messages on logs but couldnt find anything.
I then tried to use an external utility to generate the torrent file, compiled and installed mktorrent 1.0 and configured the create plugin file conf.php to use mktorrent:
$useExternal = 'mktorrent';
$pathToCreatetorrent = '/usr/bin/mktorrent';
But the result is the same: When I click the "Create and save as..." button, it seems to be working for some time (I can see mktorrent running in linux underneath using the 'top' command) but after a while everything stops, Firefox shows 'Finished' on the bottom status messages line, and nothing else happens.
Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
2 things:

one, check webserver timeouts. Some webservers are set to time out way early. cherokee times out in 15 seconds, it takes much longer to make a torrents.

two, try 3.0 via svn. The create module in 3.0 has been re-written

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Can I run 3.0 beta in parallell with 2.8, installing 3.0 beta in a different directory, but connecting to the same running rtorrent underneath?

Can 3.0 beta in parallell do any harm, or modify anything on the torrents/rtorrent sessions, that will affect anything on the 2.8 installation? The labels, for instance?

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
you can run them together but some stuff may not work exactly as you like, labels from one may not show up on the other.

a better idea is to back up 2.8 and instal 3.0