How to add RSS-filters for more than one show

das329717

May 25, 2018
Hi there!

Sorry for bothering, but I posted a question in the code.google.com-page, and someone posted a link to this forum.

I have a question; If I want to RSS i.e. Chuck, Simpsons, Scrubs, South Park, Family Guy, 30 Rock, Big Bang Theory and Better off Ted.. Do I have to add one filter pr show, or is there a way for me to get it to watch over all of'em within one filter? It's not season nor episode-related, I'll just add an exception with *complete* *pack* etc.

Anyone wanna give me an example in that case?

And yea, if I wanna not add everything with "1080i", I'm just adding .1080i. atm, but what if I want for instance both 1080p and 1080i in the exception? Will it be something like /(1080i|1080p)/i ? Will it ignore both, will it look for either one of them, or?

Tried looking at the code page: https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AQYMH4twARqFZGZnazVkaGdfNWR0ajV4Z2No&hl=en
But I didn't see an example on more shows in one filter. Sorry if it's been answered before!

Regards, and thanks a lot, this RSS-app rule!

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
See button "?" on dialog

http://rutorrent.googlecode.com/svn/wiki/images/rssdownloader.jpg

you can use it for check your current filter.
I have a question; If I want to RSS i.e. Chuck, Simpsons, Scrubs, South Park, Family Guy, 30 Rock, Big Bang Theory and Better off Ted.. Do I have to add one filter pr show, or is there a way for me to get it to watch over all of'em within one filter? It's not season nor episode-related, I'll just add an exception with *complete* *pack* etc.
Something like
/(Chuck|Simpsons|Scrubs)/i
or
/.*/i - this variant will catch *all* items is rss.
And yea, if I wanna not add everything with "1080i", I'm just adding .1080i. atm, but what if I want for instance both 1080p and 1080i in the exception? Will it be something like /(1080i|1080p)/i ? Will it ignore both, will it look for either one of them, or?
It will catch 1080i *and* 1080p. Another variant - /1080(i|p)/i

jith45

May 25, 2018
It's best to add a filter for each show and set it for each feed or for ALL feeds.

Heres a screenshot of how i do it:

and another one:

you CAN use pipes to trigger multiple things with a single filter but it is much better to manage individual shows. Novik added code to put the filters in alphabetical order for me back in 2.7 or so.

Also, you can turn individual shows off when you don't want to download them (lets say the season is over, or you already manually downloaded it)

Also, you can use the "match x number of times" option and the other fields to create very POWERFUL filters.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Ah, that's genuious! Thanks cheesy.gif

I guess it's easier to just add it your way, but I kinda hoped to not have a looooong list of the feeds, as I'm splitting a server with a mate.

It's not possible to "group" them somehow, just for a more user-friendly UI? Like a folder with "RSS HDb - FlashIt", and a plus sign right next to it or something?

I was gonna do'em in one line, but I kinda failed on the show "24", haha. Started to leech all kinda shows with S01E24 etc :\ Guess I'll just add that one on an own feed.

Thanks mate, you've been much much helpful so far!

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
if you are splitting the server then you should create 2 rutorrents.

that would be MUCH more ideal.
all you need to do is:

create a second unix account:

add a .rtorrent.rc to this account making sure to use a different port than the one you are using (default is 127.0.0.1:5000 so set it to 127.0.0.1:5001 or something)
and i tend to use a different port for rtorrent as well:
port = 51001-51001 (rtorrent only needs a single port to work)

anyways, once you do that, make another copy of the rutorrent files in another spot in your webroot, perhaps under each user name

if it's rutorrent 2.x then you need to edit 2 files:
Code: [Select]
rtorrent/config.php
rtorrent/rs.js
if it's 3.0 you still need to edit 2 files
Code:
rutorrent/conf/config.php
rutorrent/conf/config.js

config.php has the port number you set in .rtorrent.rc
rs.js (or config.js in 3.0) has the RPC mount point. If you use a webserver to set this mount, be sure to do this, otherwise just use the rpc plugin
default is /RPC2 so make sure the new user is something else (/RPC3 perhaps?)

Then it's just a matter of making sure rtorrent is running under this user as well.
make sure each user saves his files in different dir's (set in .rtorrent.rc )

i tend to make it
Code:
directory = /home/USER/rtorrent/download/
session = /home/USER/rtorrent/.session/
Also, a great way to amke sure rtorrent starts at boot is to use crontab
set something like
Code:
@reboot /path/to/screen -d -m /path/to/rtorrent >/dev/null 2>&1

das329717

May 25, 2018
Wow, you REALLY know your stuff!
Thanks a lot for this, I didn't even think about it! cheesy.gif

Will try out asap, have to get home first. Cannot connect remote from where I am to do it, but I will definitly try it cheesy.gif

Btw, to optimilize the server usage etc, what does your settings look like? Like bandwith settings, other limit settings, and advanced?

If I add more than xx torrents, my speed drops like a stone. Guess the server's a bit slow, eh? Have to manually remove torrents daily and reboot almost every second day. This is my settings:

Are these settings really stupid, or is the server kinda slow?

jith45

May 25, 2018
without even reading your all the way i can tell you right now your "min peers" and "max peers" is WAY too high.

This is probably why your speeds blow.

also, change your "wished peers" to -1

with it set to 100 you're probably not even connecting on a bunch of people.

that's horrid settings.

let me post a good BASIC .rtorrent.rc to start with.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Code:
#min_peers = 40
#max_peers = 100

#min_peers_seed = 10
#max_peers_seed = 55

#max_uploads = 15

#max_uploads_global = 100
#max_downloads_global = 150

download_rate = 0
upload_rate = 0