How to use rutorrent: Creating a new torrent (create plugin)

peshua19

May 25, 2018
I installed rtorrent and rutorrent with this script:

http://forums.rutorrent.org/index.php?topic=608.0

That works fine on 3 ubuntu servers, but the torrent created is always corrupt. When checking the torrent files, it reports file sizes of the files that are nowhere near the real size (250MB instead of 20GB).
I'm not author of this script, i doesnt use it and i doesnt know - what it really do. Yet once. For say something i need

1) ruTorrent version
2) create plugin configuration (plugins/create/conf.php)
3) bad .torrent example

randac56

May 25, 2018
I got ruTorrent installed on my Synology NAS station (model DS1511+) the other day, but I am having trouble saving the .torrent file for the torrents I create within the web interface. Basically, I click on the "Create torrent..." button (the yellow star) and then I select the source, add the tracker info and then click on create. The torrent is correctly created and if I had checked the "Start seeding" checkbox the torrent correctly begins seeding. My issue is when I click on the "Save" button. A new tab opens up in my browser (Firefox 4) and a dialog box comes up with the title "Secure Connection Failed" (see attached image). When I click on the "Cancel" button for this dialog, a popup appears in Firefox with the message "Error. Server did not respond." I tried this whole process on another computer and just got the Firefox popup, but not the dialog box about the "Secure Connection Failed".

Can anyone please help?

peshua19

May 25, 2018
make sure you have the latest version of rutorrent.

Also, i've noticed a lot of people using one of those nas units having issues.

Which webserver are you using? which version of php?

Did you try using one of the helper programs for create? I like buildtorrent or mktorrent best.

If you continue to have problems please create your own thread, this is more of a "how to use this plugin" thread.

simur612

May 25, 2018
do they give you root access to the seedbox? If so we could probably help you upgrade to the latest version

randac56

May 25, 2018
I'm using this script to install ruTorrent on my server.

However, part way into the installation the script says:
The ruTorrent www base path is where you installed ruTorrent.
What is the ruTorrent www base path, eg. /var/www/rutorrent:​

The script is what's doing all the installing--how do I tell where it installed ruTorrent?

How do I find where/how to install ruTorrent to work with this script?

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
I now search for a long time, and the only thing I could find was in this forum the "bounty" thread about it. I was not sure in wich thread this question realy belong or if I should open a new thread...so I now will ask here

Is there no possibility to presave the tracker-announce for creating torrents?

As ppl upload their torrents always to the same 2-3 trackers it would be a very usefull feature, wouldn't it?

saroos1

May 25, 2018
are you asking how to make a torrent with multiple announce? I'm prettyh sure rutorrent supports this already

simur612

May 25, 2018
yes thats supported, but not what I mean.

When you open the create pluggin window (the kind of popup), you have to choose the path, privare option and the tracker propertie (announce). This field is blank everytime I reopen the popup.. So my question is, if there is a possibility to save this tracker options?

randac56

May 25, 2018
Hi, I'm using rutorrent 3.5 on Debian with create to build torrents.

A couple of sites have complained that the files in the torrent are not in alphabetical order

The command line appears to be
Code:
-l $5 -a dummy "$4" "$dir"/temp.torrent 2> "$dir"/errors > "$dir"/log
Is there a way to make this list files in alphabetical order please?

saroos1

May 25, 2018
It in alphabetical order.
Thanks for the reply but it was neither useful nor informative as you obviously did not read my post.

As stated, the torrent contents are NOT in alphabetical order or I wouldn't be asking how to put them in alphabetical order.

I've resolved the issue by using mktorrent.

simur612

May 25, 2018
Yet once. The torrent contents are in alphabetical order. Try to confirm your words by something. Attach an incorrect torrent file, for example.

peshua19

May 25, 2018
Hi, Im runing apache 2.4 with rutorrent +rtorrent.
When I'm trying to create a new torrent and click Create I get an infinite loading screen with no output in the console.
I've tryed $useExternal = false; $useExternal = buildtorrent; and $useExternal = transmissioncli; (with coresponding path variables) to no avail.
transmission-create runs fine as root from the command line.
I think this is a permission issue. Are these scripts run with http or rtorrent permissions? Im not sure how to check that, Im still new to headless/console only stuff.