new plugin - tadd_labels

jith45

May 25, 2018
hey all,

i'm in my first year of javascript/php programming and decided it'd be fun to mess around with the rutorrent code. i got mad that every time i added a torrent, i had to type out the name of the labels. especially since my rtorrent is set up to move files to different directories upon downloading, a simple difference would make everything messed up. so, i built a plugin that creates a drop-down menu of all the labels used as well as a textbox to enter new labels.

my only question is, where can i host these files, on code.google.com? or do i need to add them to my own website? i don't know how to set up svn on my own server...

thanks for the help!

additionally, i was thinking of writing a php script to append the code that changes directory to the end of the rtorrent.rc file and adding a check box to the main menu. is this kosher?

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
my only question is, where can i host these files, on code.google.com? or do i need to add them to my own website? i don't know how to set up svn on my own server...
On your wish. Most easy way, IMHO - create own project on code.google.com.
Find the way for do this. You need a svn client for work with such type of projects, a lot of such clients exists for various OS.
You can find svn's manual here - http://svnbook.red-bean.com/
additionally, i was thinking of writing a php script to append the code that changes directory to the end of the rtorrent.rc file and adding a check box to the main menu. is this kosher?
This depends wink.gif But in common case - no, this is a not proper way for doing such things. You can write plugin, which contain your code in init.php. This code will run when user load ruTorrent, or/and when rtorrent is starts (see http://code.google.com/p/rutorrent/wiki/Plugins?wl=en#Starting_plugins_with_rtorrent for details)

somus1735

May 25, 2018
can it be added to the current google projects page? i'm creating a page for it, and it's saying that it's better to contribute to an existing project.

das329717

May 25, 2018
i don't think anyone realized you had a working plugin finished.

I will try it out later tonight

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Hi

I have tested it and work fine! I have some advise for next version :

- Fix size of combo because if my label is to big, i get it on 2 lines :

- Make "New label..." vanished when we click inside the text

- Make translation support to translate "New label... in every language avaible.

Tx for this

jith45

May 25, 2018
Also , please also add :

* option to NOT use a label

As I do not set all the time a label

For the rest it works good , TX

das329717

May 25, 2018
yes, if it is empty, it should not add a label.

This should be added in the next version, but so far amazing work my friend

jith45

May 25, 2018
Work nice as we want ^^

Only for good looking propose, field is not align vertically with the other. see screen.

Tx for your work!