Plugin: Pause ui refresh and force refresh

das329717

May 25, 2018
Just made an plugin, mostly for just trying it out but thought I'd share it if someone else is interested. It's a plugin that allows you to pause the refresh timer for the gui and it also adds an button to refresh the gui. In case you want the rutorrent page to be up but you don't need it to update.

Just used the first icons i found so they may not be perfect but they'll do the trick for now. I might update it there is some interest in the plugin.

hope someone will find it useful smiley.gif

Attached the file, just extract it to the plugin folder

http://code.google.com/p/rutorrent-pausewebui/

Current version: 1.0
* Pauses the ui when the rutorrent tab is inactive and resumes when the tab is activated again
* Buttons to pause/resume the webui
* Force refresh of the webui
* Multiple language support

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Nice to se that some people like it, I've made som improvements and a bugfix
It now also stops updating when the ruTorrent tab isn't active and updates the ui when you activate the tab again.

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Nice to se that some people like it, I've made som improvements and a bugfix
It now also stops updating when the ruTorrent tab isn't active and updates the ui when you activate the tab again.
so you're saying it works like this:

I load up rutorrent in a tab in chrome and i'm using it, checking torrents, adding torrents and what not, then i switch to another tab and start doing stuff, leaving the rutorrent tab along.

It pauses, then several minuts/hours i come back and highlight the rutorrent tab again, and it starts refreshing?

If so that's amazing and totally kickass

das329717

May 25, 2018
I'm glad to hear you all like it! cheesy.gif
Now language support is included. Give me an lang file and i will add it.

das329717

May 25, 2018
Hi, here language file :
Code:
theUILang.pausewebuiPause = "Désactiver la mise à jour de l'UI..";
theUILang.pausewebuiRefresh = "Raflaîchir l'UI..";
theUILang.pausewebuiRefresh = "Activer la mise à jour de l'UI..";

thePlugins.get("pausewebui").langLoaded();Remember to use UTF-8 to make special caracter work!

somus1735

May 25, 2018
This plugin is fantastic but i do see one potential issue...

I think you should change the "pause/play" buttons. It may be confusing to people that it is the exact same icon as the "pause torrent" icon.

Other than this, it is fantastic. I updated wiki to include your site and also added some usage instructions. If you wish to check it for correctness i would be grateful

http://code.google.com/p/rutorrent/wiki/PluginPause