Plugin to browse and download files?

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
hello

data plugin allow you to download finished files of a torrent. But once you're torrent is deleted even data still here you con't download it.

++

somus1735

May 25, 2018
I'm more talking like a file browser where you can look/chose what's currently on the server and a way for you to download the files

das329717

May 25, 2018
@jith45

Do you have this build in in rutorrent ?

As I would like a feature like this :

* See folders
* Able to browse in folders
* Able to delete files/folders
* Make torrents from a selected folder
* Make RAR's from the content of a folder

Torrentflux had this and it was very nice & handy

jith45

May 25, 2018
hi

unfortunay no... It's a alone scipt not integrated in rutorrent. I can't find a really good script wich can do this. But this kind of feature in rutorrent must be very great for community and already exist but only for xirvik hoster... May be someone could do something like this soon. Or more, we can put a bounty for this. What do you think?

++

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
i would love to see this, unfortunately it will have to come from someone other than novik. There is an explorer plugin already but it's been made exclusively for another company....but if we can find someone willing to code it (and the project IS opensource afterall) we could probably include it.

That's something which makes rutorrent great, even though right now it really dont' have a lot of developers, the plugin system allows for others to create plugins.

jith45

May 25, 2018
@das329717

Reminds me of what I did when I moved from b4rt to rutorrent, and wanting to keep that feature for browsing the directory. All i did to keep that function was, I kept my original b4rt install, and changed the paths to the directories to match rutorrents. I then made a new tab for rutorrent which linked to the b4rt login. I editted the login.php to take you directly to the directory instead of the main page.

You will then have all of b4rts functionailty. I took out the links to the rest of b4rt admin panels etc etc, leaving just the maketorrent,cksfv, delete files etc etc as I didnt need other functions in b4rt.

The only bug bear I had was trying to remove the login for b4rt when first accessing the new tab, but it was a small price to pay for the functionality (my coding skills are not good enough for that....lol).

However since the new updates to date I have discarded b4rt. If you want a bit more info just yell wink.gif

Attachments

das329717

May 25, 2018
honestly, this is something which will eventually happen. This project is fantastic but its important to remember a couple of things.

One, it's primarily written, maintained, and developed by ONE guy. We need to get more developers involved. Lately, it seems we've gotten a few developers working on it, even if it is just in the form of install scripts. (though this is a hugely important area when it comes to adoption....one of the biggest gripes i get from converts is how hard it is to get a working install vs something like torrentflux. )

Two, while the main arm of the rutorrent team can't provide this plugin due to previous arrangements with another company, the core project has a very simple (from a coding standpoint) plugin structure, and is open source. This means all that is really needed is some 3rd party developer or helpful user to start the work and get it to a semi-usable state. If someone else writes this and provides it to the community, we're not breaking any promises. I personally expect this to happen at some point, but we need to get more experienced coders involved in the project.

Three, If you yourslef are a seedbox provider, you're also free to pay someone else to develop your own plugins. I know of at least 3-4 who have gone this route..

Four, as a few people have said (myself included) there are other options out there for this which aren't as nice but still work well enough...theres a TON of explorer like programs which will work perfectly fine....the biggest annoyance is for multi-user systems because they either require you to: Log in a second program, Install multiple "copies" and link it to a user somehow. While this isn't ideal, it's stil an option and i know plenty of people who use this method.

jith45

May 25, 2018
I already use it like this. But it isn't integrate "easily" to rutorrent. You need to install it on your server in one side and make a plugintab to use it in rutorrent like you. May be a tuto can help community.

das329717

May 25, 2018
Just installed, very nice looking. The one thing I was wondering Novik, do you have cksfv installed/accessed on your server?

This is very nice in the fact that you can sym link to any folder you want cheesy.gif. I haven't explored everything it can do yet.

I might try to rip it out of b4rt and add it, if you havent already sorted it yourself. It would save me a lot of hair pulling....lol

Attachments

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
unfortunately some features can't be provided by novik. anything having to do with or DEPENDING on explorer functions can't be provided by novik.

This is due to a group of plugins designed for xirvik torrents. This DOESNT mean someone else can't write these plugins and provide them, the underlying code is opensource so any developer who wishes to provide them can.

My goal is to get more developers working on rutorrent. If you have any developer skills or know any developers, or wish to help pay a bounty for an explorer plugin, let me know.

jith45

May 25, 2018
Im glad to see that xirvik supports projects like these, I saw that they payed to get some bugs in rtorrent fixed also. But I'm alittle disapointed that they don't, like in rtorrent, support the project more and let the public use their contributions.

I have myself hacked a simular file view, its not very advanced and not very good code, I have used some code from the RSS plugin and use the main window as a filebrowser. But its not easy to understand how things are done in the RSS plugin when its virtually no comments in it wink.gif. Not that any better in commenting my code myself smiley.gif

Attachments

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
That's something which makes rutorrent great, even though right now it really dont' have a lot of developers, the plugin system allows for others to create plugins. I would love to see this. Thanks!

jith45

May 25, 2018
Is there a little tutorial or help from someone for using the AjaXplorer in rutorrent? I can not code