Problem with data plugin

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
I am trying to download completed files from within rutorrent, using the data plugin. Seeding & starting torrents works perfectly fine, but clicking on "get data" results in errors of:

"Web-server user can't access the data of this torrent."

and sometimes:
Code:
"JS error: [http://my.url/ : 321] Permission denied for <http://my.url> to get property HTMLDocument.location from <moz-safe-about:neterror?e=fileNotFound&u=http%3A//my.url/plugins/data/action.php%3Fhash%3HASHHASHHASHHASH%26no%3D0&c=UTF-8&d=Firefox%20can%27t%20find%20the%20file%20at%20http%3A//my.url/plugins/data/action.php%3Fhash%3HASHHASHHASHHASH%26no%3D0.>.

Oddly, occasionally jpeg files are able to be downloaded, while movie files are not.

I've checked my permissions, and the download directory has read access enabled to the web-server user. I've also done "chmod -R +x" and "chmod -R 777" to my rutorrent installation directory.

Running Debian 5.04, Apache2 2.2.15, PHP 5.3.2-1

Anyone have any ideas?

das329717

May 25, 2018
the webuser has read access to your downloaded files?

if so i'd say your install is broken somehow...it could be a php error of some kind...please post any webserver error logs

jith45

May 25, 2018
I'm able to browse the download directory using apache, and can download files from there, so the www user definitely has read access to the files. I checked my apache error logs, and there's nothing related to the issue, unless SNMP is involved somehow:

Code:
= { laEntry 2 }
Cannot adopt OID in UCD-SNMP-MIB: laIndex ::= { laEntry 1 }

somus1735

May 25, 2018
is this the latest svn?

do you have a command line php installed?
if so do you have it set up in config.php

I know on every debian based system i've set up in the past month it's worked fine so we've got a problem somewhere on your system...hopefully we'll figure it out

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Latest SVN, as of earlier this evening.

config.php
Code:
<?php
// configuration parameters

// for snoopy client
@define(&#39;HTTP_USER_AGENT&#39;, &#39;Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pl; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0&#39;, true);
@define(&#39;HTTP_TIME_OUT&#39;, 30, true); // in seconds
@define(&#39;HTTP_USE_GZIP&#39;, true, true);

@define(&#39;RPC_TIME_OUT&#39;, 5, true); // in seconds

@define(&#39;LOG_RPC_CALLS&#39;, false, true);
@define(&#39;LOG_RPC_FAULTS&#39;, true, true);

// for php
@define(&#39;PHP_USE_GZIP&#39;, false, true);
@define(&#39;PHP_GZIP_LEVEL&#39;, 2, true);

$do_diagnostic = true;
$log_file = &#39;/tmp/errors.log&#39;; // path to log file (comment or make empty to disable logging)
$saveUploadedTorrents = true;

$topDirectory = &#39;/&#39;; // Upper available directory. Absolute path with trail slash.
$forbidUserSettings = false;

# $scgi_port = 5000;
# $scgi_host = "127.0.0.1";

$XMLRPCMountPoint = "/ungood"; // DO NOT DELETE THIS LINE!!! DO NOT COMMENT THIS LINE!!!

$pathToExternals = array(
"php" => &#39;/usr/bin/php&#39;, // Something like /usr/bin/php. If empty, will be founded in PATH.
"curl" => &#39;/usr/bin/curl&#39;, // Something like /usr/bin/curl. If empty, will be founded in PATH.
"gzip" => &#39;/bin/gzip&#39;, // Something like /usr/bin/gzip. If empty, will be founded in PATH.
"id" => &#39;/usr/bin/id&#39;, // Something like /usr/bin/id. If empty, will be founded in PATH.
"stat" => &#39;/usr/bin/stat&#39;, // Something like /usr/bin/stat. If empty, will be founded in PATH.
);

// For web->rtorrent link through unix domain socket
// (scgi_local in rtorrent conf file), change variables
// above to something like this:
//
$scgi_port = 0;
$scgi_host = "unix:///tmp/ungood.socket";

?>

PHP Modules installed:
php5-adodb php5-common php5-gd php5-ldap php5-suhosin
php5-cgi php5-curl php5-geoip php5-mysql php5-xmlrpc
php5-cli php5-dev php5-imagick php5-snmp

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
this all looks fine...I'm not sure what your problem is....We likely need to wait for novik to get back from his holiday...did you make any changes to your php.ini files?

which version of php are you running?

just to be sure is it the data plugin giving you trouble (downloading via http)

not the datadir plugin (moving files from one spot to a new spot)

i'm thinking this is either a webserver issue
or a php issue

das329717

May 25, 2018
-No changes to the php.ini files, everything is stock except for the config.php.

-PHP is version 5.3.2-1, from Debian unstable

-It is indeed the data plugin, the one used for downloading via HTTP

-I think you're probably right about it being an apache or PHP error. It's pretty weird!

I haven't done this yet, but thank you very much for the help. It is greatly appreciated smiley.gif

jith45

May 25, 2018
and this error only happens on SOME files?

and changing thier permissions manually doesn't do anything?

This is quite strange....are you running any non-stock modules in apache other than mod_php and mod_scgi (and perhaps mod_ssl)

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Apache2 modules installed:

It appears that I can *mostly* download small files, like jpeg or subtitle files. As soon as I try for anything larger than a few megabytes, it won't work.

Oddly, I tried it in Internet Explorer instead of Firefox, and got the following error:
"JS Error: [http://MY.URL/ : 204542445] Permission denied"

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
i don't know what to say man....it seems like a permission problem or a webserver config problem or a php problem.

Like i said, the software itself works fine when it's set up right....i wish i could be of more help...i feel really bad just saying "works for me" but at this point, without access to your machine, that's all i can do.

das329717

May 25, 2018
I get the same error. If i use IE I can grab small files like jpegs and stuff. If i try to grab a avi file or something large it complains. In firefox I can't even grab the small files.

jith45

May 25, 2018
OK did some more testing.

I used this syntax to create test files

dd if=/dev/zero of=31meg bs=1M count=31

and then used rutorrent to create a file and send back.

the largest file it will send back is 31mb, if you try 32mb it fails. 10mb files ok, 4mb files ok, etc.

any clues?

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
i used the data plugin from SVN and now it works for larger files.

I did a diff on it and this is all I see different

diff ../OFF/data/action.php action.php
49c49,50
< @readfile($filename);
---
> ob_end_flush();
> readfile($filename);

Glad it works however, thanks for the assist.

jith45

May 25, 2018
I'm having a different problem that the OP. For me, the data plugin doesn't show up in the menu at all. I've installed several other plugins that have worked fine. The Only thing I've noticed is that I don't have a 'View' option in my menu as shown in the plugin screenshot. What am I doing wrong?