problems with create plugin

peshua19

May 25, 2018
Hello, I've installed the create plugin and after that mktorrent.
edited the conf.php with "mktorrent" and correct path.

but I have some problems:

1) inve installed mktorrent downloading the tar, doing a "

make USE_PTHREADS=1 USE_OPENSSL=1 USE_LONG_OPTIONS=1 USE_LARGE_FILES=1 and the output is:

Code:
/usr/src/mktorrent-1.0# make USE_PTHREADS=1 USE_OPENSSL=1 USE_LONG_OPTIONS=1 USE_LARGE_FILES=1
cc -O2 -Wall -DUSE_PTHREADS -DUSE_OPENSSL -DUSE_LONG_OPTIONS -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 prefix.c -o prefix
cc -O2 -Wall -DUSE_PTHREADS -DUSE_OPENSSL -DUSE_LONG_OPTIONS -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DPRIoff="\"lld\"" -DVERSION="\"1.0\"" -c ftw.c
cc -O2 -Wall -DUSE_PTHREADS -DUSE_OPENSSL -DUSE_LONG_OPTIONS -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DPRIoff="\"lld\"" -DVERSION="\"1.0\"" -c init.c
cc -O2 -Wall -DUSE_PTHREADS -DUSE_OPENSSL -DUSE_LONG_OPTIONS -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DPRIoff="\"lld\"" -DVERSION="\"1.0\"" -c hash_pthreads.c
cc -O2 -Wall -DUSE_PTHREADS -DUSE_OPENSSL -DUSE_LONG_OPTIONS -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DPRIoff="\"lld\"" -DVERSION="\"1.0\"" -c output.c
cc -O2 -Wall -DUSE_PTHREADS -DUSE_OPENSSL -DUSE_LONG_OPTIONS -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DPRIoff="\"lld\"" -DVERSION="\"1.0\"" -c main.c
cc -O2 -Wall ftw.o init.o hash_pthreads.o output.o main.o -o mktorrent -lpthread -lcrypto

is it ok?

now installing with make install

Code:
/usr/src/mktorrent-1.0# make install
cc -O2 -Wall -DPRIoff="\"lld\"" -DVERSION="\"1.0\"" -c sha1.c
cc -O2 -Wall -DPRIoff="\"lld\"" -DVERSION="\"1.0\"" -c hash.c
hash.c: In function 'make_hash':
hash.c:147: warning: format '%lld' expects type 'long long int', but argument 3 has type 'off_t'
hash.c:147: warning: format '%lld' expects type 'long long int', but argument 4 has type 'off_t'
cc -O2 -Wall ftw.o init.o sha1.o hash.o output.o main.o -o mktorrent
install -d /usr/local/bin
install -m755 mktorrent /usr/local/bin/mktorrent

what are those errors?
now if I try to creare a torrent all I got in rutorrent is

and no valid torrent is created.

what did I do wrong?
I'm on ubuntu 8.04 32 bit.

thanks

randac56

May 25, 2018
just compile mktorrent normal

download the source and just type
make
make install
done, I tried to create a torrent from a big file (~7GB), started hashing but at half way it stopped with same "error" (try to correct torrent file... done).

saroos1

May 25, 2018
also tried with a single 4.37 GB file and obviously i got:

Code:
Error stat'ing './filename.mkv': Value too large for defined data type
that's why I compiled with make USE_PTHREADS=1 USE_OPENSSL=1 USE_LONG_OPTIONS=1 USE_LARGE_FILES=1..

peshua19

May 25, 2018
1) Errors must be reported on the project.
2) Update ruTorrent core and plugins from svn.

simur612

May 25, 2018
Code:
/var/www/rutorrent# svn up
Skipped '.'

Code
/var/www/rutorrent/plugins# svn up *
Skipped '_getdir'
Skipped 'create'
Skipped 'datadir'
Skipped 'diskspace'
Skipped 'erasedata'
Skipped 'geoip'
Skipped 'ratio'
Skipped 'rss'
Skipped 'seedingtime'
Skipped 'tracklabels'
Skipped 'trafic'
does this mean that everything is already updated?

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
glad it's working

as to your svn question, that means you do not have an svn version (or are missing the .svn/ folder which is what allows you tpo check out a new revision)

you would need to redownload the svn version like this:

Code:
svn co http://rutorrent.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/rutorrent
then checkout any plugins like this:
Code:
svn co http://rutorrent.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/plugins/PLUGIN_NAME

If you needed to backup settings from your curerent install, you'd just want to copy the stuff from rutorrent/shared (in your current install) to the proper location in the new svn install, then repair persmissions.