Ratio Group Logic

simur612

May 25, 2018
I have some critiques for the logic of the ratio group feature. From my understanding the settings work like this: IF Ratio>Min AND Uploaded>UL OR Ratio>Max OR TimeSinceAdded>Time THEN Action. Or in other words "Seed this torrent until it's ratio reach Min and with that uploaded not less than UL megabytes. Stop seeding any way if the ratio has reached Max or if Time has been reached."

The problem with this is that this logic is designed to act on torrents once they have reached a goal. I would like to be able to act on torrents that DO NOT reach goals. For example, if a torrent is very popular and gets a high ratio very quickly, that torrent should be kept regardless of its ratio until it's popularity has died out. And if a torrent has not reached a certain ratio within a time limit, then that torrent has low popularity and should be acted upon because it is using up resources and not returning benefits.

I suppose there are a few ways to do this. One way would be to add a Ratio/Time field to the Ratio Groups menu and give it a simple OR logical connective to the other parameters. If anyone knows of any other ways to do this without adding or editing any config files, please let me know.

peshua19

May 25, 2018
For example, you can write your own plugin. See code of existing plugin 'ratio' as example.

randac56

May 25, 2018
rtcontrol --from-view started xfer=-100k [ ratio=+2 OR seedtime=+5d ] --stop --cron --yes

Run that as a cron job every 10 min. You COULD also make a plugin of it, by allowing the definition of filtering conditions and set of of reactions (stop, delete, erase), and run it via a rtorrent schedule that the plugin creates.