Ratio Group

simur612

May 25, 2018
Great plugin love it.

It would be even better if you could set a ratio group for a label and every torrent associated with that label would then be added to the ratio group.

simur612

May 25, 2018
Thanks, I think it would be a great improvement.

Also, I took your advice on tracker sorting/moving. The script I was trying to use relied on d.get_to_file... the only problem with that is when you add a torrent via the webui, there is no file for it to get tied to, thus breaking the script. It works great for watch directories, but one of the big pluses for using the webui for me is the ability to add torrents anywhere from any browser.

I might look into making it slightly more flexible since it would really be nice to be able to copy the file instead of just moving.

randac56

May 25, 2018
Can someone explain (as I can't find any documentation) how it exactly works? What is the UL column for for example.. max. upload speed? I'm a little confused...

Thanks smiley.gif

peshua19

May 25, 2018
I'm in the processes of updating the wiki....i'm sorry if the info isn't there.

I'll get to it as soon as possible

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
I just read the wiki and its kind of confusing for a lemon like me, but it says you must edit the conf.php file if you want your settings to 'stay' with a reboot.

Code:
group.insert_persistent_view = rat_0
group.rat_0.ratio.enable=
group.rat_0.ratio.min.set=[min_limit_for_ratio0]
group.rat_0.ratio.max.set=[max_limit_for_ratio0]
group.rat_0.ratio.upload.set=[upload_limit_for_ratio0]
system.method.set = group.rat_0.ratio.command, [command]
group.insert_persistent_view = rat_MAX_RATIO
group.rat_MAX_RATIO.ratio.enable=
group.rat_MAX_RATIO.ratio.min.set=[min_limit_for_ratioMAX_RATIO]
group.rat_MAX_RATIO.ratio.max.set=[max_limit_for_ratioMAX_RATIO]
group.rat_MAX_RATIO.ratio.upload.set=[upload_limit_for_ratioMAX_RATIO]
system.method.set = group.rat_MAX_RATIO.ratio.command, [command]
Basically I'm trying to set up three groups, one for a private tracker where it seeds until ratio is 3, one for private tracker uploads where it seeds indefinitely, and one for one-off public trackers where I want to download and stop without seeding. (I know its frowned upon, but its only the odd torrent, and I have had problems before with public trackers where I've had court judge papers thrown at me for downloading and then seeding a random game torrent with a list of all the IPs I 'provided' the copyrighted material with!)

Maybe you could help me achieve this?

Thanks

Also, is the wiki free to edit? I'm thinking of making some general cleanups and add some more stuff in perfect english (my first language - no offence intended lol) when I get a chance.

simur612

May 25, 2018
editing the conf is no longer needed. (at least i'm about 90% sure)

This is why i'm redoing the wiki.

In theory, you SHOULD be able to add this single line to your .rtorrent.rc to make all plugins "stick"

of course, edit it for your php binary locaton, webroot and user.

Code:
execute = {sh,-c,/usr/bin/php /var/www/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php WEB_AUTH_USER_NAME &}

so if you use webauth, and your webusername is tom, you'd make it:

Code:
execute = {sh,-c,/usr/bin/php /var/www/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php tom &}
(if you do this, you should also have a dir called /var/www/rutorrent/conf/users/tom/ with your config files in it. This will also give you the option to set different plugin settings per user by creating a plugins dir, and then saving the specific configs there)

randac56

May 25, 2018
Okay thanks, I'll try and integrate that into my system.

One thing, does leaving idle seeding torrents consume a lot of resources? Because I'm happy to seed indefinetly provided that it doesn't degrade the performance of my system. How many concurrent can your system handle, you said it was on par with mine right?

Cheers

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
i don't think so.....i don't use ratio groups much though...but i'm pretty sure that wasn't added.

I DO know that the default ratio groups was added finally which is pretty nice.. i also think ratio group by label is a good idea but i don't have any idea how hard it would be to implement