reset/restart ruTorrent?

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
My issue:

Have a seedbox from ovh, setup by someone that is currently MIA. The seedbox has two disks, each one is a seperate user account.

running rTorrent with custom ruTorrent webui

he setup ruTorrent 3,0 not long before he went MIA. disk two is working fine, disk one is currently giving me this error when logging on via ruTorrent 3.0:
Code:
JS error: [https://hosta05.expertrepair.co.uk/cyber3/js/stable.js : 183] td.append($("<div>").html(styles[this.colOrder].text)).width(styles[this.colOrder].width).attr is not a function
I can log on via ruTorrent 2.7 just fine, can't make .torrent files though. sad.gif

unfortunately I am a linux neophyte and don't know how to reset/restart rutorrent. sad.gif

I have root access, just can't figure out how to reset it. sad.gif

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
not sure if this helps, but here is a list of the plugins running on the disk/user that is working:

_getdir
darkpal
autotools
source
erasedata
show_peers_like_wtorrent
retrackers
datadir
data
edit
scheduler
create
rss
diskspace
trafic
search
cookies
throttle
chunks
ratio
unpack
tracklabels

das329717

May 25, 2018
you need to set up 3.0....2.7 is ancient.

If you can't do it, email me at [email protected] and we'll talk it.

Otherwise, id be glad to help you with any problem via this forum or chat...basically, advice is free.

das329717

May 25, 2018
it doesn't just "stop working"

something happened.

give me some more info, maybe i can help

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
All I know is it was working just fine one day, and the next it wasn't.

I WAS having problems with it not saving settings, cookies and how I setup the columns.

No clue as to what happened, really.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
If you wnat us to help you should give a bit more information about the install.

As you talk about that 2.7 does work , so does this mean you have 2 versions installed ?
Is there just 1x webui folder installed for 3.0 ? or do all users have it's own folder ?

Check if the permissions on all files are the same between the working & non-working one.
Did you try to restart the webserver ? or reboot the server ?
Maybe try another browser ?

So many things can cause issues like this , but to solve it you need to give info or access
It's the same with a car .. if you tell the garage it does not start .. they need to look at it/ need more info, and then they can solve the issue

das329717

May 25, 2018
basically, the way this works is:

you tell us what is wrong, we give you hints on how to fix it.

the more info you give us, the better the hints.

OR you could pay me to fix it for you....either way is fine....

advice is free though.