RSS Automatic Updates

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
you are misunderstanding how it works yet again.

you do it one time and it works until you reboot.

you don't need to keep doing it.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Actually, I tested this - and it doesn't as far as I can tell.

If you'd like to give me an example, that would be fine. I've tried this so far;

This only runs once. I get no log file updates indicating the feed is being updated. If I visit the website, then the log file starts indicating that it is doing RSS updates (along with the other plugins).
Code:
execute = {sh,-c,/usr/bin/php /usr/local/share/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php admin &}

This runs every 10 minutes. I get log updates indicating as such. However - still no specific RSS updates coming through in the log. Again, if I visit the website - then the log starts indicating that it is doing RSS updates (along with the other plugins).
Code:
schedule = ruadmin,0,00:10:00,"execute={sh,-c,/usr/bin/php /usr/local/share/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php admin & exit 0}"

So - it appears that in both cases, I have to actually visit the site in order for it to start auto-updating the feed. I was under the impression that "initplugins.php" would set that process off for me.

Which one is right?

jith45

May 25, 2018
again, your not listening.

you WON'T get logged entries but the rss WILL update if you use initplugins

if it's not working, you've done something wrong or are missing something important on your system.

das329717

May 25, 2018
Gee, you're so rude.

But thanks for answering the question. You could have just said;

"You don't get log file updates for the RSS when you use initplugins.php". But I guess some people just can't be polite.

Regards,

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
dude, I'm getting pretty tired of your insults. I'm not being rude. I've answered every question you've asked and tried to help you as best i can.

Rude is when you go around calling people names.

I'm not going to tolerate people making insults here. This is your first warning.

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
In my culture - "Again, you're not listening" is considered rude. In one of my other posts - you were consistently rude and obnoxious toward me.

I've only ever tried to garner an understanding of what's going on. All you've ever done in almost every post is accused me of not listening or understanding.

So sorry. But if you take offense or believe i am insulting you by calling you rude, then it's about time you took a hard look at some of the comments and replies you've made to people on this forum and re-think your strategy.

Because I can tell you with utter confidence right now - if you continue with the attitude you have - you'll be losing confidence rather than gaining it.

But hey, I know that you'll take this post the wrong way and blame me of not understanding - right?

Previously - I told you to grow up. Same goes.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Both. First line -
execute = {sh,-c,/usr/bin/php /usr/local/share/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php admin &}

is initialize *all* plugins. In fact, in this case the second line -

schedule = ruadmin,0,00:10:00,"execute={sh,-c,/usr/bin/php /usr/local/share/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php admin & exit 0}"

is running inside initplugins.php.
Second line is initialize only one plugin, rss. If you use first case and you doesn't see in execute.log lines like
sh -c '/usr/bin/php' '/usr/local/share/rutorrent/plugins/rss/update.php' 'admin' & exit 0
without ruTorrent start, then, may be, some sort of error in ruTorrent is present.

jith45

May 25, 2018
Hi Novik,

That's exactly what I was seeing.

I have this in my ruTorrent file at the moment;
Code:
But I don't see this in my log file;
Code:
sh -c '/usr/bin/php' '/usr/local/share/rutorrent/plugins/rss/update.php' 'admin' & exit 0
rTorrent has been running for almost a day in this state, and the only log message is one line - which is:
Code:
---
sh -c /usr/bin/php /usr/local/share/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php admin &
---

--- Success ---

If I visit the rutorrent site, then I start seeing appropriate log file messages.

I'm now really confused, because wonslung suggests that I shouldn't see the log file messages, but you suggest the opposite.

Everything else seems to be running smoothly. I've double checked permissions. Double checked authentication. So i'm not sure where to look in order to resolve this, any idea's?

das329717

May 25, 2018
ok, every time you go to the site and reload the url it DOES trigger a rss download, this is just how it works and there is no getting around it.

What i'm trying to say is this:

It is perfectly acceptable to set only the start up initplugins setting with 3.0

Doing this will keep your rss updating every x minutes (based on what you have set in the conf.php file in the plugin dir.

The reason loading the page does this as well is two fold. It's to make sure the plugins still work for people who don't set it in .rtorrent.rc and to give you a quick easy way to trigger loading the plugins. you can also use the plugins tab now to force a plugin to reload though.

hope this helps

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
The next line in the execute.log must be inserted after 10-15 min since rtorrent start only. Is you wait for this interval before visit to execute.log

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Hi Wonslung, Novik;

@wonslung:
Yup - understand totally. This is good as it helps people that don't add it to their rtorrent.rc file.

@novik:
Yup - pretty sure I checked the log file after 15 minutes without visiting the site. The plugin is actually set for every 5, but I take your comment to mean that the log file isn't written to every 15 minutes anyway?

In any case - I'll do a double check to make sure I'm not missing something.

Also - in most cases I visit the site at least once after a re-boot, so it's not a total disaster for me.

I'll get back to you once I've tested it further.

das329717

May 25, 2018
Hi Novik;

This is really good news. Yes, it's working!

I restarted rTorrent, and the initial initPlugins appeared in my log file. After 5 minutes (which is my rss plugins update interval) I had another line appear indicating it was updating the RSS feed.

The only issue now is that there appears to be a minor issue in the scheduler plugin as a result. Below is my rtorrent log file;

Code: [Select]
---
sh -c /usr/bin/php /usr/local/share/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php admin &
---

--- Success ---
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: jResult in /usr/local/share/rutorrent/plugins/scheduler/init.php on line 32

---
sh -c '/usr/bin/php' '/usr/local/share/rutorrent/plugins/trafic/update.php' 'admin' & exit 0
---

--- Success ---

---
---

--- Success ---

As you can see it's complaining about an Undefined variable.

Thanks for the good work, and spotting that bug! smiley.gif