[RSS] 'Error Loading Feed' on every feed [solved]

randac56

May 25, 2018
I came home last night to find that all my RSS feeds had been reset, which while annoying wasn't all that problematic. However, I'm posting here now because when I tried to put those feeds back into the RSS plugin, no matter what feed or whether it had been working earlier that day or not got the same error: "Error loading feed. (http://feed.url.here/rss)"

I tried removing the RSS plugin and restarting the rtorrent process, but no dice. What is going on here, and how can I fix it? I'm using 0.8.6/0.12.6, rutorrent 3.0 and all the plugins are also 3.0, not SVN.

[edit]If it helps at all, my scheduler plugin was also reset, but I was able to easily restore those settings.[/edit]

Thanks much

peshua19

May 25, 2018
how can it be reset ?
You sure no one did anything with it ?
Did you maybe did software/OS updates ?

simur612

May 25, 2018
i can't think of a way this should ever happen.

The only reasons a feed would fail:

Improper feed
Feed requires cookie
Site is set to SECURE (ie, one ip log in)

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
I figured out the problem, somehow the directory "rutorrent/share/settings/rss/" did not have permissions to write. Adding write permissions to this directory and its contents fixed all my problems.

I would however, suggest a more descriptive error message in the future, if possible. Thanks for the help wonslung & rascalli. smiley.gif

saroos1

May 25, 2018
I figured out the problem, somehow the directory "rutorrent/share/settings/rss/" did not have permissions to write. Adding write permissions to this directory and its contents fixed all my problems.

I would however, suggest a more descriptive error message in the future, if possible. Thanks for the help wonslung & rascalli. smiley.gif
that error can be caused by more than one thing. having share/ able to write by webuser and read by rtorrent is in the wki however.