RSS into blackhole folder ?

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Would it be possible to have the downloads from the RSS go into the blackhole folder ?

I would like this because i have a script that I want to run after the torrent is completed

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Just like I said before .. something very simple :

That a torrent is downloaded from the RSS into the blackhole / watch folder
And then based on that watch folder a script is executed after the torrent is completed

So instead of passing the .torrent to the webui , it is saved to the watch folder & then rutorrent starts it, and when it is done rtorrent trickers my script

jith45

May 25, 2018
well i think it should be possible.

first of all, you can have the rss not start downloads fairly easily, it's an option

second of all, you can create a watch directory in .rtorrent.rc and set it to do whatever you like so it should be possible.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
I can not find the feature to download to a watch folder on the RSS plugin , so how to do this ?

jith45

May 25, 2018
hrm
i'm confusing the download path.

I've been using brocks IRC plugin for months now so i got confused...

maybe novik will add this feature if you ask him nicely =)

somus1735

May 25, 2018
do you think this would be possible ?? rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

I can not use the irc plugin , as somehow I am not able to login to the irc-channel of this tracker ;-/

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
do you think this would be possible ?? rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

I can not use the irc plugin , as somehow I am not able to login to the irc-channel of this tracker ;-/
At this moment - no. If .torrent was'nt passed to rTorrent by RSS plugin, then plugin think 'something bad. I must retry this operation in future'.
If you need to execute something at finish you must write your own plugin for this. Based on torrents label, for example. Or use third-party tools for work with RSS.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
yes I know that option , As I have that set-up with the watch folders.
That's why I needed RSS to download into watch folder

jith45

May 25, 2018
your best bet then, if you need this is to use rtorrent.rc watch folders and an external rss program.