RSS not updating, Synology NAS

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
I got everything working fine except the feed updating. When the counter ticks down to 0, nothing happens but if I update manually, it works fine and the filters start downloads and so on.

I read somewhere about rights to read/write which was the fix for some. However, they were not on Synology systems so the paths are different so I need some help. I'm not skilled in Linux at all so please explain exactly what I need to do in Putty SSH to take care of this if you got an idea smiley.gif

Other threads with similar issue:
http://forums.rutorrent.org/index.php?topic=637.msg4606#msg4606
http://forums.rutorrent.org/index.php?topic=992.msg7111#msg7111

I tried chmod -R 777 on volume1/@appstore/rutorrent/share but that does not fix it.

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Are plugins getting executed correctly from rtorrent config?
What do you mean? How can I check that? The plugin is active as I can update manually just fine but something about the automatic refresh is not working.

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
post your rtorrent config
scgi_port = localhost:8050
directory = /volume1/Downloads
session = /usr/local/rutorrent/var/.session
schedule = watch_directory,5,5,load_start=/volume1/Watched/*.torrent
#max_memory_usage = 63791104
log.open_file = "rtorrent.log", "/usr/local/rutorrent/var/rtorrent.log"
log.add_output = "warn", "rtorrent.log"
http_cacert = /usr/local/rutorrent/etc/cacert.pem
system.umask.set = 002
port_range = 6989-6999
port_random = no
peer_exchange = no
use_udp_trackers = no
dht = disable
min_peers = 50
max_peers = 100
download_rate = 9000
upload_rate = 1000

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
So the command should then for me be:
execute = {sh,-c,/volume1/@appstore/rutorrent/share/rutorrent/php /volume1/@appstore/rutorrent/share/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php &}
How do I know if I have web server authentication? How do I know this command is working? I also have /usr/bin/php.. Which one is the correct one?

Edit: Have tried both /usr/bin/php and /volume1/@appstore/rutorrent/share/rutorrent/php. No difference in any. Maybe I have web server authentication but how can I know that?

jith45

May 25, 2018
Do you have to enter a username / password when you connect to rutorrent?
Did you restart rTorrent after making the changes to config?

The PHP path is for the binary so /usr/bin/php would be correct

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Do you have to enter a username / password when you connect to rutorrent?
Did you restart rTorrent after making the changes to config?

The PHP path is for the binary so /usr/bin/php would be correct
Yes I did restart. Tried both paths to php but none of them work. So I tried all of these tips.

jith45

May 25, 2018
execute = {sh,-c,/volume1/@appstore/rutorrent/share/rutorrent/php /volume1/@appstore/rutorrent/share/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php &}​
Check your paths!
execute = {sh,-c,/usr/bin/php /volume1/@appstore/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php &}

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Check your paths!
execute = {sh,-c,/usr/bin/php /volume1/@appstore/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php &}
I already tried usr/bin/php. volume1/@appstore/rutorrent/php does not exist. In /volume1/@appstore/rutorrent/ I have app, bin, etc, lib, openssl.conf, sbin, share, usr and var directories. In var I have .rtorrent.rc and in share I have the plugin stuff.

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
locate initplugins.php
I already have. I posted the code above but just to be clear, this is what I use:

execute = {sh,-c,/usr/bin/php /volume1/@appstore/rutorrent/share/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php &}

/volume1/@appstore/rutorrent/share/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php is the location of initplugins.php.

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Try location:

/volume1/web/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php

Regards,
Using this code:

execute = {sh,-c,/usr/bin/php /volume1/web/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php &}

And adding /volume1/web to php-basedir rutorrent seems to update feeds smiley.gif