RSS Plugin does not load HTTPS feeds

jith45

May 25, 2018
Hi there,
I hope someone can help me with this little problem I am encountering:

I'm facing problems with HTTPS feeds, when I load them it creates a new feed called " New RSS " without no torrents in it, nor i get errors in the log window... I checked out curl and it is properly installed with support for SSL working properly. I also changed path as specified in another thread on the forum to lenny's curl path (/usr/local/bin/curl) but no luck whatsoever.

Dunno what it may be.

any1 has an idea?

Using rutorrent 3.0 beta but had same problem with 2.8 too

Thanks in advance

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
it's either your curl setup or you have a feed that rutorrent doesn't like.

Do you have curl set up in conf/config.php

I can assure you it works with https feeds on many systems.....so it's either something in your setup or you are having trouble wiht a specific feed.

das329717

May 25, 2018
feed is the F*N feed...curl is correctly setupped in config.php ... what other things should I be look for? Things are the same even if i install curl from apt or thru sources with ssl support.

jith45

May 25, 2018
you may need to send the info and or contents fo you rss/cache dir to novik's private email for him to debug

somus1735

May 25, 2018
I worked out a bit with curl, managed to add rss site certificates (properly) and according to curl -I they are in place and accepted, I get the correct output.

For some reason though , it still does not work under rutorrent, HTTPS RSS isn't being shown.
path for curl in config.php is currectly set = /usr/local/bin/curl which is the path under debian lenny

Hope novik can shoot some light on this, ill send him whatever he needs.

das329717

May 25, 2018
well sorted out (probably)

It's probably the feed because it won't load even in uTorrent...

thanks anyway for the help guys =) and anyway my congrats goes to novik and to all the rest of the developing team, which is doing an impressive good job in developing the best webUI so far available =)

jith45

May 25, 2018
you should also know this:

many sites have a setting called "secure" which will disallow anything from anything but your main ip.

Also, when creating a feed, there are several options on some sites:

never make "web" feeds, always "download"

whenever possible, make "alternative" or 'no cookie" feeds, otherwise you'll need to use the cookie addon.

and lastly, some sites block some hosts based on ip or dns settings.

any of these things can cause a feed which doesn't work