rtorrent script

jith45

May 25, 2018
I know this isn't an rtorrent support forum, but I know a lot of the members here know a thing or two about rtorrent scripting so I thought I might ask for some help.

I'm trying to get a script to run on torrent completion. I tried this in my rtorrent.rc file:

system.method.set_key = event.download.finished,toSickbeard,"execute={/home/andrew/.config/sickbeard/rtorrentToSickBeard.py,$d.get_base_path=,$d.get_name=,$d.get_custom1=}"

And this is working great. The rtorrentToSickBeard.py script is just writing it's arguments to a text file for testing. All three of those parameters get's passed to my script and get written to a test file.

Now what I want is to add a branch command to this so that it only executes if the torrent's label equals "tv".

This is what I have:

# Method that returns true if the lable is tv
system.method.insert=isSickbeard,simple,"equal={$d.get_custom1=,tv}"

system.method.set_key = event.download.finished,toSickbeard,"branch=$isSickbeard=,\"execute={/home/andrew/.config/sickbeard/rtorrentToSickBeard.py,$d.get_base_path=,$d.get_name=,$d.get_custom1=}\""

This isn't working at all. Nothing happens. I have log.execute=/tmp/exec.log in my config and I'm not seeing anything in there as to what's going on. Can anyone see anything wrong with my syntax? I can't find very much info on the equal command so I'm not sure if I'm using it right.

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Why the hell do you try to solve things in scripting hell, that you can quite easily do in your script?

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Ah! It's funny that that never crossed my mind. That's why I posted for help to get some more eyes on it. Thanks for your suggestion and that's what I'll do.