RuTorrent 3.5 - file selection drop-downs not working

somus1735

May 25, 2018
In ruTorrent there are drop-down selection menus for selecting files/folders under "create torrent", "add torrent", and under settings:autotools, as well as other places.

In my installation of ruTorrent 3.5 none of them work. Rather, I click once and nothing happens. Again, and a blank transparent box pops up where the menu should be.

It looks like a rendering problem. However: I'm having this problem with a ruTorrent installation I did myself on my own vps. I also have a dedicated ruTorrent seedbox from the same provider (I'm in the middle of transitioning), which is also ruTorrent 3.5, running on the same system, on the same browser. And those drop-downs work fine.

The only differences are that the dedicated box is ruTorrent v3.5 (svn $Rev: 2312 $), whereas the one on my vps is just ruTorrent v3.5. Also, on my vps I initially installed ruTorrent 3.0, going from an outdated "how-to" on a website, before installing 3.5 over it.

Also, on my vps installation, drop-down menus that are not for for selecting files/folders, like settings:general:language, work fine.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Hello and thank you for your response. Unfortunately, the menu is malfunctioning in the same way with my existing plugins, as well as with ruTorrent itself, so I don't see how adding another plugin would change anything..

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Hello, and thank you for your response. I did already have that plugin installed, but it was version 3.0, from an older package of ruTorrent plugins.

So I shut down rTorrent, deleted the old plugins folder and installed a newer package including getdir 3.5.

It still doesn't work. The only difference is that now I just click once to get the blank menu, instead of twice.

Also, whereas Autotools 3.0 was working ok as long as I typed in the folder manually, Autotools 3.5 refuses to load, with this message in the log:

autotools: Some functionality will be unavailable. Webserver user must have execute access to the rtorrent session directory (/home/seeder1/rtorrent/.session/).

Again, Autotools 3.0 was working, why it thinks it suddenly doesn't have the permissions, I don't understand...

somus1735

May 25, 2018
...and, I changed the permissions for the /home directory, root of all the ruTorrent directories, and that cleared up both problems.

I just can't seem to get the hang of Linux ownership and premissions...