SCP Plugin?

jith45

May 25, 2018
Hey guys,

I'm a long-term reader of these forums I just haven't posted here before, please don't think the only reason I signed up here is to suggest a plugin, it really isn't!

I'd also like to thank the developer(s) of ruTorrent and the great plugins we have available to us for free.

So, on to my suggestion...

I use ruTorrent across multiple servers and often transfer files from one to another so that I can seed from multiple locations.

It would be great if we had a plugin to make Secure Copying files easier, maybe some options to enter server credentials and a right click menu on torrents like so:

Secure Copy to > Server Name

It would then proceed to use SCP to copy from one server to another. We could even take this further and have it copy the .torrent file as well as the data and have it automatically add the .torrent to your Watch directory.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

phixion

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
You can mount SCP locations as local file systems, symlink or hardlink them in rutorrent's $topDirectory

das329717

May 25, 2018
Would that work in the way I described?

I auto download something on one server, on completion send the data to my second server via SCP, then send the .torrent to the watch directory.

jith45

May 25, 2018
you could probably make it work with a script, i know people who have, but what you would really like is a seemless automatic setup.

I seem to recall someone building this feature before, it MIGHT have been pyroscope, but i may be wrong.