Settings, particularly Ratio groups

saroos1

May 25, 2018
Hi all,

yesterday I compiled rtorrent (0.8.6/0.12.6) on my HTPC and installed rutorrent 3.1
as gui. All works very fine. rutorrent is a great gui and I miss next to nothing opposite
to utorrent on Windows.

As I use only private trackers, the ratio handling ist very important. So far, I don't
understand the settings for ratio in the .rtorrent.rc at all. But the ratio groups in
rutorrent are working good. Also, the ratio settings are survive a reboot.

But I have a comprehension problem. The ratio group settings are only in rutorrent,
right? rutorrent ist watching the torrents and send a stop to the client (rtorrent),
if a ratio was reached, right? What's going on, if rutorrent is not opened in any
browser? Is it working in background nevertheless? Hope you understand, what
I mean.

kind regards
foo

randac56

May 25, 2018
it will if you set it up correctly.

basically, what you want to do is this:

if you are using webauthentication (if you have to type a password to log in) you would add a line line this to your .rtorrent.rc
Code:
execute = {sh,-c,/usr/local/bin/php /usr/local/www/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php wonslung &}

things to keep in mind.

set the php path correctly, to get this type this in shell:

Code:
which php
also make sure the rutorrent path is correct, for my system this is /usr/local/www/rutorrent but yours may be /var/www/rutorrent or /some/stupid/shit/noone/knowsabout/rutorrent

the last option is the username, if you arent' using webauth, you can leave this blank

this basically forces rtorrent to run the plugins at startup regardless of you logging into the webui

even if you do NOT do this, loading the webui one time accomplishes the same thing.