[SOLVED]Revision > 2484 issues

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Hello,
posting not on googlecode in case you already noticed the issue and the fix is already in the plan
If I try revision greater than 2484, plugin mediainfo and screenshots (possibly others, too, that I haven't noticed yet) they do not work..
What happens:
Revision 2484 : All is functioning normally (as far as i can see)
Revision 2485,2486,2487 : I right click on an mkv file, click on mediainfo (or screnshots, they have the same behaviour). The whole screen darkens and there is nothing more I can do in the page... The only thing that can be done is refreshing the whole Chrome/Firefox/IE tab (happened with both FF 28, Chrome 35.0.1916.153 and IE 9)
I can't even copy the error from the log tab, so writing it here by hand:
[23.06.2014 11:32:46] Bad response from server: (500 [error,taskstart])​

So I think that implementing the background tasks code broke something, or there is now something else I should tune now, in order for this to work?

das329717

May 25, 2018
Can't reproduce this, sorry.
1) Check web-server's errors log.
2) Try to remove all plugins and enable its one by one.

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Code:
PHP Warning: opendir(/var/www/rutorrent/share/users/kolor/settings/tasks/): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /var/www/rutorrent/plugins/_task/task.php on line 229
PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /var/www/rutorrent/plugins/mediainfo/action.php on line 61
PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /var/www/rutorrent/plugins/unpack/unpack.php on line 133
PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /var/www/rutorrent/plugins/screenshots/action.php on line 60
PHP 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.12 with Suhosin-Patch (cli) (built: Jun 20 2014 00:38:55)
Server version: Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu)
Server built: Apr 17 2014 21:49:25

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Code:
$pathToExternals['unrar'] = '/usr/local/src/rar/unrar'; // Something like /usr/bin/unrar. If empty, will be found in PATH.

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Good Morning!
I can confirm that with latest revision (2500) everything seems to have returned to normal again!
Just for the record, my errors.log was complaining about the same thing as Kolor posted
PHP Warning: opendir(/var/www/rutorrent/share/users/chriz/settings/tasks/): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /var/www/rutorrent/plugins/_task/task.php on line 229​

Thank you das329717 and shwetha17 for the help on this. Marking this as solved

P.S: das329717: I noticed a new tab "Tasks"
If you have time one of the days ahead, I would appreciate a wiki entry about this new tab

das329717

May 25, 2018
Quote :
P.S: das329717 : I noticed a new tab "Tasks"

Start new unpack/screenshots task, press 'Hide' button on the console interface. Check contents of the new tab.

Quote :
If you have time one of the days ahead, I would appreciate a wiki entry about this new tab

I have plan to move project to the github. As result, in the nearest future you can make such entry by self wink.gif

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Quote :
I have plan to move project to the github. As result, in the nearest future you can make such entry by self wink.gif

I find googlecode much easier.. But I guess it is because I don't have any experience with github. I'll learn..
Quote :
Start new unpack/screenshots task, press 'Hide' button on the console interface. Check contents of the new tab.

Nice!
A small glitch I noticed:
  • I start a new screenshots task
  • I see two buttons: Hide and Cancel. (see attachment "before_hide.png") Cancel button obviously stops the task and Hide button sends it to the background, as you already explained and I can see its progress in Tasks tab
  • I double click the process in the tab and it opens again. Nice! The only problem (the minor glitch I mentioned) is that now there are two buttons available: Remove and Cancel.(see attachment "after_d_click.png") Someone would expect that Cancel would again be to cancel the process. But actually, cancel sends again the process to the background and remove cancels the process. I believe that the buttons must change to hide and cancel (hide to send again the process to the background and cancel to cancel the process)
P.S.: You have also forgot a language string: tskTasks. I added it in Greek language. Should I add it to all languages?
PPS: Language string "Parameter" should be changed to something like File/Folder name, I believe, since it displays the folder in case of the unpack plugin and the filename in case of the screenshots plugin. "Parameter" makes no sense IMHO

das329717

May 25, 2018
Quote :
The only problem (the minor glitch I mentioned) is that now there are two buttons available: Remove and Cancel.(see attachment "after_d_click.png") Someone would expect that Cancel would again be to cancel the process.

"Cancel" mean "close this window and make default action". You can simply press icon in the right top corner of window with a same result.

Quote :
P.S.: You have also forgot a language string: tskTasks. I added it in Greek language. Should I add it to all languages?

Fixed.

Quote :
PPS: Language string "Parameter" should be changed to something like File/Folder name, I believe, since it displays the folder in case of the unpack plugin and the filename in case of the screenshots plugin. "Parameter" makes no sense IMHO

_task - is a common-purpose plugin. For 'screenshots' and 'unpack' this parameter is a file name. But in other cases it may has different value.