[solved] weird error upon entering webui

somus1735

May 25, 2018
thanks for the reply...the thing is i had to rebuild php5 because i uninstalled apache 13 and installed apache22 and php module could not be loaded because it wasn't created under apache22 conf...i'd like to make one more question...does anybody use a firefox addon that successfully works with rtorrent/rutorrent? i tried to use rtorrent-manager but though i can load the torrent file successfully it doesn't start automatically download...i have to manually start the download from rutorrent webui...tnx in advance...

edit: never mind the last question...already found the appropriate thread...thanks again for your help...

somus1735

May 25, 2018
one last question i hope...i managed to run rtorrent with 2 scgi mounts pointing to 2 different users...the thing is that when i logon to rutorrent webui with either user i can see what the other is downloading...how could i make it so that every user could only see his own downloads and not from the other user?

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
you need to set the port and scgi different for both and create a directory for each usr in rutorrent/conf/users/ with the auth name for that user.

See the wiki for more info.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
doing so each user will have to run its own rtorrent instance? or is it going to be just one rtorrent instance where 2 users will be able to authenticate each one on his own in the same rtorrent instance?

edit: because if the 2 users have different scgi_ports then i get the feeling that there must be 2 different rtorrent instances each one run by the credentials from its own user...whereas i think that if they have the same scgi_port but different rpc_mounts then they can use the same rtorrent instance and only use rutorrent to authenticate and download each one in its own download location...

somus1735

May 25, 2018
so basically they'll be using two rtorrent clients...i was wandering if it could be done with only one..is there a way?

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
No way. Try to think about such thing: one rtorrent instance can't have two or more .torrent files with some hash. As result - user can't add .torrent, if it already was added by another user. And, in your case, can't see it at all.

das329717

May 25, 2018
there is nothing wrong wiht using 2 rtorrent instances..

IT constantly makes me scratch my head when you see people come over from the torrentflux side of things and they are the ones who get upset whne you need to use one rtorrent instance per user.

rtorrent is very lightweight. I've run a single user on a pentium 2 with 64 gb ram before

das329717

May 25, 2018
lol
duh huh
=)

I meant 64 mb ram

though i have actually done an install of a server with 64 gb ram, and even one with 128 gb ram, but these were solaris based =)