Some suggestions

jith45

May 25, 2018
Today i have come accross this new Rtorrent webui named avalanche, its also quite cool
http://code.google.com/p/avalanche-rt/

it have ways to sort torrents like this
* All (113)
* Downloading (9)
* Seeding (104)
* Paused (0)
* Completed (0)

we currently have these ones
All,Downloading,Finished,Active,Inactive,Error

i was thinking to add three more to make it more precise rolleyes.gif

Seeding, ( Completed torrent which got 100% status and seeding )
Stoped, ( Stopped by hand or started stopped)
Paused, ( paused torrents )

why? , because now i have 100 inactive torrents and i want to start 2 torrents which is paused and 3 torrents which is added as stoped at startup, now its hard to find them

rtorrent and rutorrent is mainly used by seedbox users which mostly have to lots of torrents there ( some users have like 1500 or above )

=> i was also thinking about a force refresh button to fetch data only like rutorrent fetch at it regular time interval

=> add tracker status in trackers tab

=> add button for these commands, i know it has its own purpose but do you think normal user is able to find them and use them ?
F4 Toggle menu
F6 Toggle details
F7 Toggle categories

i hope my suggestion have some point and not too hard to implement, thanks for everything grin.gif

somus1735

May 25, 2018
you can sort torrents now without needing all these extra categories.

The thing to remember is the design style of rutorrent is STRONGLY based (and influenced by) utorrent webui.

This isn't to say you can't add these features if you want, the plugin system is very good. If you have something like this you want rutorrent to do you have 3 options:

code it yourself
open a bounty.
open a ticket.

with the third option, it will be done if it's possible and within the scope of the project.

i'm not sure i understand what you mean by force refresh....

some of your ideas would be cool though, the tracker status on the tracker tab isn't a bad idea at all.

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
...but rtorrent has'nt API for retrieving status per tracker. Only one status can be shown. For selected torrent.

jith45

May 25, 2018
@dsouvik215 , okay i got you

is it possible to add these categories/tabs in state ?

if rtorrent doesnt provide factilty to show this again, then i have a idea, there is status tab in all torrent list which shows status of each torrent so we can get status from there and show all same status torrents in one selection like when we search for one word or somehow something like this
u know better about these things

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Quote:
@dsouvik215 , okay i got you

is it possible to add these categories/tabs in state ?

if rtorrent doesnt provide factilty to show this again, then i have a idea, there is status tab in all torrent list which shows status of each torrent so we can get status from there and show all same status torrents in one selection like when we search for one word or somehow something like this
u know better about these things

What exactly do you mean? I'm not sure i follow

doesn't rutorrent already do this?

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Quote :

Possible. But i don't need such functionality. You can write own plugin for this.

jith45

May 25, 2018
Quote :
Quote from:

Possible. But i don't need such functionality. You can write own plugin for this.

why would i ask you if i can code myslef sad.gif, i guess this will be good for all users because most of heavy users use it

i request you to try to make it possible, if its tooo hard then leave it

somus1735

May 25, 2018
I think the bounty option is probably the best for items like this. If it's something that isn't hugely difficult, then throw a 20 dollar bounty at it.

If it's something that is really difficult, then throw 40-50 dollar bounty at it...I've seen the bounty system work wonders for projects like this because it does 2 things.

one, it gets the coders who seldom get ANY money for thier work some money.

and two, it gets MORE coders working on a project.

you have to remember, this is an open source project, and right now novik does 99% of all the work for free. If he thinks something is a good idea and will be good for the project, then he adds it (i've SEEN this happen on numerous occasions) but if it's not a function he needs or sees as generally useful, then he has no real incentive to add it. These little functions sometimes take 10...20...30 hours of work. Even at 20 dollars its a bargain.

or like he said, just wait till someone else does it.