The immortal .json

randac56

May 25, 2018
Hiya Wonslung

Do you recall the "delete uisettings.json from rtorrent/share/settings" ploy? It was a fix for frequent "Bad response from server" error messages. I used it with success some time ago, but recently the error messages have started again. Lo and behold, the uisetting.json file had been resurrected. So I deleted again and all was well for a while until I closed ruTorrent webui homeside because when I restarted it there was uisettings.json in place again! And the error messages continue.....

Any idea how I kill it permanently? Or how I tackle the corruption that's probably causing the errors?

TIA
Guy

peshua19

May 25, 2018
that file will always be created. It's SUPOSED to be there.

If it keeps getting corrupted i'd have to say there is something wrong with your setup or the underlying system. I've only seen it happen rarely, so if it is happening all the time it sounds like something else is going on

randac56

May 25, 2018
OK, thanks, I understand now. The newly-created one is OK at the moment: perhaps opening simultaneous connections in FFox and IE (from the same location/same PC) causes the corruption. Or the recent need for a "hard" server reboot has created a glitch somewhere.

Cheers
Guy