The program 'rtorrent' is currently not installed.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Hi,

I managed to setup rutorrent 3.0 and multi user authentication without crossing any problem.

(1)
1st day it runs without any problem,
2nd day,i encounted an error where my torrent start to have this error

"Tracker: [Couldnt connect to server]

It seems like tracker from public tracker is working well but all my tracker from private tracker (iptorrents) getting this same error.

(2) At the same time, I also encountered this error
" Bad Response from server :(503[error,gettrackers]) Network Error.A communication error occured.Web server too busy"

something like that.the error number is same (503) but with diff status sometime (503[error,gettotal]) , (503[error,list])

So,anyone has any idea whats happening?

Im kinda clueless about how to troubleshoot the error.

Thanks

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
that is the tracker, not the program.

Iptorrents has been having tracker errors for the past few days.

i've been using rutorrent on that site for months and in the past day or so i've had the exact same issue. It is NOT rutorrent.

(and it never COULD be, because rutorrent isn't a client, it's a front end, so if it WAS something, it would be rtorrent, which would mean we couldn't help you more than likely)

but it's not even that....it's the site.

the errors on the LOGGER look like your internet stopped working or the rutorrent client went down. remember, a good portion of the rutorrent front end is javascript which means it runs on your computer, and must connect over the net to the actual rtorrent backend.

If you don't believe me, load up the page then unplug your internet, you'll see that the site starts throwing logger errors just like that.

somus1735

May 25, 2018

i've been using rutorrent on that site for months and in the past day or so i've had the exact same issue. It is NOT rutorrent.

(and it never COULD be, because rutorrent isn't a client, it's a front end, so if it WAS something, it would be rtorrent, which would mean we couldn't help you more than likely)

the errors on the LOGGER look like your internet stopped working or the rutorrent client went down. remember, a good portion of the rutorrent front end is javascript which means it runs on your computer, and must connect over the net to the actual rtorrent backend.

If you don't believe me, load up the page then unplug your internet, you'll see that the site starts throwing logger errors just like that.

thanks wonslung.

1) i just noticed that iptorrents are having tracker issue at the moment too.

about the logger error, im running rutorrent on seedbox so is that still possible to happen?

and when u said maybe rutorrent client went down, does that mean screen is down?

ps -ef | grep rtorrent returns nothing?

2) I kill my rtorrent process and try to restart the rtorrent screen,
and i get this error when i type "screen rtorrent"

"/var/run/screen/S-zhuan97/3865.pts-0.XXXXXX: No such file or directory"

any idea whats happening?

thanks

somus1735

May 25, 2018

thanks wonslung.

1) i just noticed that iptorrents are having tracker issue at the moment too.

about the logger error, im running rutorrent on seedbox so is that still possible to happen?

and when u said maybe rutorrent client went down, does that mean screen is down?

ps -ef | grep rtorrent returns nothing?

2) I kill my rtorrent process and try to restart the rtorrent screen,
and i get this error when i type "screen rtorrent"

"/var/run/screen/S-zhuan97/3865.pts-0.nsxxxx: No such file or directory"

any idea whats happening?

thanks​

EDIT : problem 2 fixed. not sure why but i need to run screen as admin first then i can run rest of the screen for my sub account

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
I'm not sure what happened, but if rtorrent crashes, the screen will disapear too if it was started with -d -m -S

somus1735

May 25, 2018
yerp, weird for me too

and the Logger error is really killing me.

it keeps appearing in the log screen and delay process like adding torrents.

that still can happen in seedbox environment? where internet is connected to my seedbox for 24/7.

another thing i would like to ask is about the torrent file itself. maybe u guys have any idea about this.

my friend upload his torrent file that has chinese charset i believe and it didnt display correctly in the client. do we have any ways to fix this thing? thanks

example like below:

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
example like below:​

This is a not ruTorrent problem. All file names must be in UTF-8. If it has another charset - you will see something like this. This "junk" is sended by rTorrent, and ruTorrent can't show to you something else. But, of course, you can operate with such files - it will be downloaded, seeding and etc by normal way.
Bad Response from server :(503[error,gettrackers]) Network Error.A communication error occured.Web server too busy​

Something bad with your web-server (or your system is really too busy). Try to use plugin "rpc" - may be, this will fix that.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
example like below:​

This is a not ruTorrent problem. All file names must be in UTF-8. If it has another charset - you will see something like this. This "junk" is sended by rTorrent, and ruTorrent can't show to you something else. But, of course, you can operate with such files - it will be downloaded, seeding and etc by normal way.
Bad Response from server :(503[error,gettrackers]) Network Error.A communication error occured.Web server too busy​

Something bad with your web-server (or your system is really too busy). Try to use plugin "rpc" - may be, this will fix that.​

i think it is really busy consider that i am running TF and rutorrent at the same time. TF really being a bad ass here, sucking all the network load i believe. :'(

thanks novik, im really glad that i swith to rutorrent community. grin.gif

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
also, like i said before, it doesn't MATTER if the seedbox is up 24/7

if your LOCAL net goes down/slows down
you will get those errors. This is because the javascript portion of rutorrent runs CLIENT side and needs to transverse the net.

If the net is down, then boom. error.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
after add another user,
and when to start screen in their home dir using that user id,
i get this error again,

"/var/run/screen/S-username/3865.pts-0.nsxxxx: No such file or directory"

any idea on how to fix this.

i follow tutorial from here

http://chogie.info/?p=19

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
no idea what you've done.

Also, i can't support other peoples guides. If you use one of MY guides, i might be able to help.

i'll read his guide later, can't do it rnight now

somus1735

May 25, 2018
i will look into ur guide now,

about the previous error, here is more details error that i get

i run screen -ls rtorrent

error " No Sockets found in /var/run/screen/S-superpc."

somus1735

May 25, 2018
managed to get rutorrent running without any problem for 3 days and just now, i just noticed that my rutorrent has 'bad link to rtorrent' issue, this means rtorrent is not running on background. so i go to ssh, and type rtorrent or screen rtorrent and this is the error that i get

"The program 'rtorrent' is currently not installed. To run 'rtorrent' please ask your administrator to install the package 'rtorrent'
-bash: rtorrent: command not found"

anyone has idea on this problem? how can it is not installed while i managed to run it succesfully for almost 3 days

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
chances are this is what happened:

1) it was installed and running, but you uninstalled it (doing this while it is running doesn't STOP the running rtorrent)

2) It was installed and STILL IS, but isn't in your current PATH (type echo $PATH, does it have /usr/local/bin in it?)

somus1735

May 25, 2018
erm im pretty sure i didnt uninstall it .

where should i type $echo path.

but when i go to /usr/local/bin, this is what its contain. anything missing?

chktor pure-config.py pure-pw pure-pwconvert pure-statsdecode xmlrpc-c-config

somus1735

May 25, 2018
reinstall from stable managed to fix the rutorrent issue

now my http and ftp is not accessible anymore, still troubleshooting on how to get my web and ftp back up.

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
man, you've done something seriously wrong. all of your problems have nothing to do with each other.

I think the REAL issue is that you don't know how to properly install and maintain this software (this isn't meant as an insult, just an observation)

what webserver and ftp server do you use?

somus1735

May 25, 2018
yes, i noticed that after i update my ubuntu last nite, this problem started to happen after the server reboot.

all folder/files e.g info.php in /var/www does not appear in web anymore and
all the rpc/scgi port i put in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default dissapear after the update.

i am using apache2 and pure-ftpd.

can i get this fix by putting this into bounty? i will pay accordingly . kinda messed up here already. sad.gif

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
yes, i noticed that after i update my ubuntu last nite, this problem started to happen after the server reboot.

all folder/files e.g info.php in /var/www does not appear in web anymore and
all the rpc/scgi port i put in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default dissapear after the update.

i am using apache2 and pure-ftpd.

can i get this fix by putting this into bounty? i will pay accordingly . kinda messed up here already. sad.gif

if you want me to fix your system, email me the details to

[email protected]

i need root access or sudo user.