Third click sets $sindex to -1.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
As in the topic, it would be great if we had some way to set sindex (sorting index) variable to -1. For example first click on the column sets sorting to decrease on that column, second to increase, and third sets the variable $sindex to -1. It's very useful for rss plugin, when I want to sort the positions as they appear, and the rss feed doesn't give any information about date of creation.

Sorry in advanced if there is some other way to do that, I've looked for it and haven't found any.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Sets sorting to id, from what I understand. It's the default value when no sorting mode is selected.

You can find it in uisettings.json

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Can't be done by easy way. I can set sIndex to -1, but i can't restore unsorted state of table in realtime without ruTorrent reloading.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
So maybe some walk-around, it's quite annoying when by mistake I click some column and then I need to edit my config file through ssh. Maybe some view reset button, or something, I don't know.

This way or another, I'm only pointing you to small but irritating problem wink.gif.

jith45

May 25, 2018
why would you need to edit it manually?

if you screw up your view, can't you just change it back the way it was through the gui? theonly time i have to manually screw with the uisettings.json is when it becomes corrupted.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
jith45 you need to read carefully about what we're talking about and you'll understand that changing through gui is what I'm asking for wink.gif, right know there's no such possibility.

jith45

May 25, 2018
I understand that is what you are asking for.

you need to read carefully and you'll understand i'm asking WHY you need this, it's a rare use situation. The only time you should EVER need this is if your uisettings.json becomes CORRUPT and rutorrent doesn't LOAD.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Like I said, I need it because I want to sort things by their ID, and like I said it's impossible to make such thing from gui, the only way is to edit your uisettings.json and set $sindex to -1. That's the default value witch is changed whenever you click on any of the column, and can't be changed back unless you'll edit your uisettings.json.

Can't say it more clearly.

jith45

May 25, 2018
well it sounds like you want to do something which rutorrent isn't designed to do. In THIS case you need to write it yourself or open a bounty.

I misunderstood you originally, i thought you were asking for this for some other reason.