Torrent doesn't seed

randac56

May 25, 2018
Hey!

A couple of days ago I got a seedbox that's running on Rutorrent. Uploading the file on ftp & creating a torrent out of it through the webui seems to be working well.

Seeding is another story however. I've created a couple of torrents. None of them I can download myself. It just says 0 seeds. I've given the torrent to some friends for testing as well - for some it works (starts downloading), for some it doesn't.

Another thing is, when creating a new torrent, it doesn't give any errors but when the torrent is done the state of the torrent is listed under "Error". After a while it switches to "Active", "Inactive". And then sometimes back to "Error".

Could the problem be in trackers? As the Tracker Status sometimes shows = Tracker: [Could not parse bencoded data] That's when it's listed under "Error"
And then again when it's under "Inactive" it shows = Tracker: [Tried all trackers.]

Thanks in forward!

simur612

May 25, 2018
hello

Could not parse bencoded data :
This message is caused by bad communication with the tracker, often caused by invalid client authentication (passkey, IP address, etc.)​

You're tracker is private or public? If it's private (that what i think), after you have created torrent, don't you it to seed! You need download the .torrent from your tracker with your passkey. If it's public i don't know why ^^

simur612

May 25, 2018
We will try to see why.

1 : witch program in plugin create do you use? If you don't change it in conf of plugin try mktorrent.
2 : what is the size of your data ?
3 : Send me a .torrent to see what 's wrong inside.

peshua19

May 25, 2018
3 : Send me a .torrent to see what 's wrong inside.
Or attach it here.
Could the problem be in trackers? As the Tracker Status sometimes shows = Tracker: [Could not parse bencoded data] That's when it's listed under "Error"​

This means - rtorrent get from tracker some junk instead list of peers. For example, http page "500 Gateway Timeout".
Tracker: [Tried all trackers.]​

This means - rtorrent check all trackers and doesnt get any peers from its. This is a not a error really.

randac56

May 25, 2018
First off - thanks for all the answers!
1 : witch program in plugin create do you use? If you don't change it in conf of plugin try mktorrent.​

As I said in the pm, I've got no clue lol ;P All I know is I'm operating on the RuTorrent on my seedbox. The seedbox owner just told me that the problem must be mine, cause it's working for everyone else.

The files I tried to seed were from a couple hundred of mb's to almos a gb. Anyways this time I uploaded a simple .txt file & created a torrent out of it. I didn't add any trackers, just checked the "start seeding" box. Tried to download it myself - didn't work :/
Here it is:
http://rapidshare.com/files/408598679/Inception.2010.CAM.XviD-TA.wmv.torrent

randac56

May 25, 2018
When you create torrent - you must enter announce URL of each tracker on *new line*. Does you do that? If yes - what about your client OS and browser?
Yep, I skip a line after every announce URL. I don't know about the client OS, as I just ordered the seedbox, as for the browser I've tried both Firefox & Google Chrome.

peshua19

May 25, 2018
I don't know about the client OS, as I just ordered the seedbox, as for the browser I've tried both Firefox & Google Chrome.
You don't know anything about OS, on which you working with browser? :-() *Client* OS is a local for you. It hasnt relation to seedbox or it ordering time.
In any case - try to upgrade plugin from SVN. I make some changes in it.

peshua19

May 25, 2018
I don't think he can do that if he have ordered a seedbox
In that case i can't do anything. Code must be patched on the server's side.
Walkaround:
1) Use Windows as client OS for torrent creation or
2) Don't create torrents with count of announces > 1.

BTW, from which you order your seedbox? If from Xirvik - i can write him about update.

randac56

May 25, 2018
I actually tried 2. with no success :/ I'll try 1. as well.
As for wheter it's Xirvik or not - I have no clue lol ;P I Thanks for your generosity though!

I mean, the weirdest thing about this whole thing is that the torrent actually seemed to be seeding at one point. :p

EDIT:

Could the problem be because of the FTP permission my directory/files have? At first it didn't even show the files through webui. (I had to change the chmod to 775. I'll change it to 777 and see what happens.)
Or the problem might be in torrent properties?
At the moment their like this (default):
Number of upload slots:25
Minimum number of peers:10
Maximum number of peers:25
Wished number of peers:-1
"Peer Exchange" UNCHECKED "Super-seed" UNCHECKED

2nd EDIT lol:
Changed the chmod to 777.. still not workin'..damn ;p
So what you guys think on the properties thing?

simur612

May 25, 2018
Hello

I see in you're torrent that the tracker list is in one line... That explain why it doesn't work! You should press enter each time you enter a new tracker. If you well done this, it's maube an issue of the php class, so add only one tracker then it's finish and seeding edit it to add new tracker.

simur612

May 25, 2018
I've tried it and it give me a "couldn't connect to host" error... Use "http://torrenteditor.com" to see if your torrent file is correct.

You don't try to increase Piece Length? (try 2mb)

do you register the torrent file on the tracker? I don't know who work public tracker...

randac56

May 25, 2018
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! cheesy.gif
It started downloading - it's a freakin' miracle!

This time I edited the torrent with torrenteditor.com. Added 3 public trackers & 1 semi-private (demonoid)
Guess the problem was in the trackers then? Or the way I put them or RuTorrent put them? I don't know. Anyways, I'm just so happy it works now lol cheesy.gif From now on I'll just edit all my torrents with torrenteditor beforehand.

So you can't seed a torrent without a tracker? I mean, I always thought you can't upload a torrent to a torrentsite without a tracker. But you can't actually download the torrent without a working tracker?

AIIIIIIIGHT..AGAIN.. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! : )))))))))