Torrents from RSS feed not auto-downloading

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
So, I set up everything as according to the instructions on the site and it all worked fine. But the slight issue I have is that the feed (labelled "TV") only downloads the show(s) I've chosen once I click on the feed and select "update feed". Only then does it account for the newly released torrent and then downloads perfectly as it should. I assumed that once the feed was set up, and the labels/filters were arranged, that as soon as the torrent made its way on the RSS feed, the download would automatically begin within ruTorrent. Having to click update feed in order to download it renders the whole thing useless clearly.

I must be missing something stupid here or messed up somehow, but if anyone could be of help I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

das329717

May 25, 2018
by default it is set to update every 30 minutes.

also, it doesn't start this cycle unless you've at least done it once, which is why it's so important to add the init option to rtorrent.

so
edit rutorrent/plugins/rss/conf.php

and

add something like this to .rtorrent.rc (being sure to edit it with proper paths/usernames and what not:
Code:
execute = {sh,-c,/usr/local/bin/php /usr/local/www/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php wonslung &}

edit:

also be sure to have a command line version of php installed, and have it added to the main config for rutorrent (or for your rutorrent user)