torrents pauses

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
I was downloading a bunch of torrents when all of a sudden all of them paused and can't be started again.
They're all between 2% and 67% done.
Permissions are 777 on all folders and I haven't changed anything when this happened.
What to do to get it working again?

das329717

May 25, 2018
are you sure the data wasn't messed up?

If you moved the data it will cause them to pause and never unpause. Typically a pause is due to permission or path problems.

Try deleting the data entirely and restarting it.

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
tried that nogo sad.gif

strange part is that it happened at once on +10 (all of my running) torrents without me changing anything

jith45

May 25, 2018
Torrents usually get paused automatically when the user rtorrent is running under cannot create new files/dir (either because of a permission error or when the drive is full).
You can look at rtorrent to see what happens when you add a torrent, to enable the log I think you need to set the "log = /some/dir/some.log" in the .rtorrent.rc

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
its not a permission problem as everything has chmod 777
and I have around 1TB of free space so the HDD is not full

I tried to add the log command in *rtorrent.rc but i got an error telling me that the command don't exist

I could understand the problem if the torrents wouldn't start at all but they stopped in the middle of the download and all of them at once huh.gif

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
yep I can see my torrents and they're paused there too...

I just tried a torrent from another tracker and that runs just fine so maybe its a problem with the tracker. I'll try to get a hold of the admin of it...

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
It's working again now.

the torrents that paused was all added via the watch folder and something had renamed the files to ZZZ.torrent.fail
I removed the .fail and started the torrents again - everything works

jith45

May 25, 2018
were you trying to use autowatch and watch at the same time?

(autowatch is available via the plugin autotools)

If so, that's the issue. use either or, but not both on the same directory.

you can use both, but if you do, set up 2 directories, one for watch and one for autowatch