Trying to manage ratios with rutorrent?

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
I was trying to use rutorrent to manage the torrent ratio settings, but it seems like I've got my settings all mixed up. Here's what I tried:

1. Disabled all the standard ratio group settings in .rtorrent.rc
2. Created a watch directory like so:
Code:
schedule = watch_directory_5,10,10,"load_start_verbose=/home/rt/torrent_downloads/hi/META/*.torrent, d.views.push_back_unique=rat_2, view.set_visible=rat_2"
3. Created a catch-all for torrents *not* uploaded via the WebUI and not via watch directories:
Code:
system.method.set_key = event.download.inserted_new,def_rat,"d.views.push_back_unique=rat_0;view.set_visible=rat_0"4. Made sure that rutorrent is brought up along with rtorrent
Code:
execute = {sh,-c,/usr/bin/php /usr/share/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php rt &}

When a torrent is added initially via the watch directory, it seems to work fine (see here). But once the torrent reaches 100%, it "reverts" back to the catch-all ratio group (like this)

I guess my question is - Is there anyway to assign watch directory torrents to one ratio but have torrents uploaded via WebUI assigned to another?

Version Info - My ruTorrent version is 3.1, SVN revision 1450 and my rTorrent version is 0.8.6-tarball (stable), all on Debian/Lenny.

das329717

May 25, 2018
3. Created a catch-all for torrents *not* uploaded via the WebUI and not via watch directories:
As i already told to you, this is a not catch-all for "torrents *not* uploaded via the WebUI". This is a catch-all for *all* new torrents. You must use set_custom/get_custom/branch technique for separate one from another.
See example here - http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/wiki/RTorrentCommonTasks#Deletedatafileswhenremovingincompletedownloads
(This example use old-style events on_finished and on_erase, but this is a not important for your purpose).
P.S. You may use custom4, or (as a best solution) a new form of 'named' customs - get_custom=name/set_custom=name,value

jith45

May 25, 2018
generally speaking, if you put something in the .rtorrent.rc it will be the "default" selection.

you can do ratio settings with .rtorrent.rc OR with the ratio plugin. Trying to use both is possible but very complicated and shouldnt' be attempted unless you are an expert in both rutorrent AND rtorrent.

for a beginner, i recommend using ONLY the rutorrent plugin. If you need help with using the rutorrent plugin, we can help you. If you need help with .rtorrent.rc directives you're best bet is to stick with their forums/email board.

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
das329- apologies, I guess I'm coming at this from having used ratios in rTorrent, where you can define a catch-all ratio group (the default ratio settings)

Wonslung - I would prefer to use rutorrent's ratio settings, but what I haven't been able to figure out is a way to automatically assign torrents to a ratio setting in rutorrent. Do you have any suggestions on how I can do this?