dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Hello all,

I am using rutorrent 3.6 / rtorrent 0.9.2/0.13.2

I have the following problem with permissions:

umask in rtorrent user .profile is 073
system umask is 0002

I am running the following plugins in rutorrent:
autotools, check_port, cpuload, erasedata, filedrop, geoip, _getdir, rss, theme, trafic

Autotools is configured to move the data from /incoming to /downloads. rtorrent has permissions for both (owns the incoming and can write to downloads through setfacl).

Whenever a new torrent is created it's created as if the mask was 007. It ignores entirely the rtorrent user mask.
Any ideas why?

das329717

May 25, 2018
This may happens, if you use svn version of ruTorrent for 3.5 branch. Try to use last version of plugin.

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Yeah it's obviously 037.

In any case it's not the actual mask the problem but the fact that rtorrent and/or rutorrent do not respect the umask set in the .profile of the user running the client.

das329717

May 25, 2018
Whenever a new torrent is created it's created as if the mask was 007. It ignores entirely the rtorrent user mask.
Any ideas why?
First of all what is you mean under the words "new torrent is created"? Torrents data was created when it's moving with autotools? Torrents data for new torrents was added to rtorrent? Something else?

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Yes I should have been more clear with that.

The problem appears when a torrent is loaded for download, (through a .torrent file, RSS feed or magnet link).

The data are being created on the /incoming folder. Umask of the user is 037, yet the directories and files created are 770 and 660.

When they are moved to /downloads folder with the Autotools plugin, they keep the permissions they were created with.

das329717

May 25, 2018
Yes I should have been more clear with that.

The problem appears when a torrent is loaded for download, (through a .torrent file, RSS feed or magnet link).

The data are being created on the /incoming folder. Umask of the user is 037, yet the directories and files created are 770 and 660.

When they are moved to /downloads folder with the Autotools plugin, they keep the permissions they were created with.
In this case ruTorrent hasn't relation to that. For clearance, try to remove ruTorrent initializer's from rtorrent.rc, restart rtorrent, start download something from rtorrent console and check result.

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Indeed you were correct...

Commented out the SCGI port and the execute plugins lines from rtorrent.rc and the problem still persists...

Any ideas? Or since this is a forum for rutorrent, any idea where I should ask about it?

das329717

May 25, 2018
Try to login under rtorrent user, create something and check result. If problem still present - then rtorrent also hasn't relation to it.