xmlrpc-c issues

simur612

May 25, 2018
Howdy,
Im having trouble building a usable xmlrpc-c package from SVN- either the "stable" or "advanced" version.
While make does not spit any fatal build error, the only binary created by current SVN is xmlrpc-c-config and nothing else.

I build in ArchLinux with the following:

./configure --prefix=/usr \
--enable-libxml2-backend \
--disable-cgi-server \
--disable-abyss-server \
--disable-libwww-client \
--disable-wininet-client

Any ideas?
I know this isn't really a ruTorrent issue, but this is really a stopper.

simur612

May 25, 2018
Nevermind, I found the answer at the xmlrpc-c documentation:

Xmlrpc-c comes with a few utility programs that you can use to diagnose problems or learn about XML-RPC or Xmlrpc-c. These programs double as examples of how to use the Xmlrpc-c function libraries.
Because the utility programs are not essential to the package, the default install tools don't install them at all. The builder does build them, though, and if you build Xmlrpc-c from source, you will find them all in the tools/ directory.

peshua19

May 25, 2018
yah, you shouldn't need the actual app. anyways. Once you install it you should just be able to install rtorrent --with-xmlrpc-c and that should be that.

this is another reason i prefer FreeBSD over linux. you just go to the rtorrent port and type make install clean.

It will ask if you want xmlrpc-c, if you say yes, it will handle it all for you.