Auto add possible? or any other easy way to add torrents

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
I am trying to make it as easy as possible to add torrents on my rutorrent at santrex.

I've experimented with differerent RSS feeds on latest torrents on various sites, but only with partial succes. Not all RSS feeds seem to allow to direct downloading of torrents via the feed.

I am used to Transmission on a mac, where you can download torrents to folder, where Transmission is automatically adding from. It's called "watching a folder". I really hoped ruttorrent would do the same, but I can't find this feature.

Does anybody have succes with adding torrents in an easy fashion where you don't have to download the torrent locally and then up it to rutorrent?

I'm finding myself copying URLs into rutorrent which seems to be the easiest.

What do you find is the easiest way to add torrents to rutorrent?

thnx in advance

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Rtorrent had the ability to use a watch folder

You need to put this in the .rtorrent.rc , it's in tehre now , but not activated most of teh times , so look a bit better

More info HERE

jith45

May 25, 2018
also, with auto-tools you can create an entire hierarchy of watch folders.

Most sites worth 2 shits have the ability to CHOOSE which type of feed you want. I've not run across any that didn't have download feeds.

Having said that, i HAVE run across sites which require you to have cookie authentication which is possible still via the cookie addon.

Also, i don't know if you realize it or not but you can always upload a .torrent file to rutorrent. This is my preferred method of adding a torrent which isn't rss.